Christmas Gifts Reveal, Day 2

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This morning, we were greeted by more snow!  This time, however, it wasn't as windy; so, the trees, across the street, look absolutely gorgeous!

I have another day of homemade "Monogram Christmas" gifts to reveal.  Today, I'm going to show you all the card packs that we gave to my side of the family.  They, too, are blank inside; packaged, with envelopes, in clear, plastic bags; and secured with matching ribbons.  This first set, of five, was given to my parents.


My inspiration, for this card, came from my Mom's open kitchen and living room space.  The colors are nearly the same as her walls and accents.  I started by punching that gorgeous, deep red, patterned paper, from Stampin' Up, across the top edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch and layering it across the bottom of the So Saffron, card base.  I, then, rounded the bottom corners with Stampin' Up's Corner punch; wrapped a So Saffron, grosgrain ribbon around the card face and over the patterned paper just below the scallop edge; and tied the ribbon in a bow to the right side of the card face.  The cardstock squares were cut from Ruby Red cardstock, and the outside ones were rounded, on their outside corners, with Stampin' Up's Corner punch.  I stamped the outer squares with butterfly wings, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, and butterfly bodies and outlines in VersaMark ink.  I, then, glittered the butterflies before stamping the "G", for Green, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink on the inner square.  All the squares were adhered, to the So Saffron, card base, with dimensionals.

This second set was made for my brother.


The base of this card comes from another of K&Company's Amy Butler card kits.  I layered the black, polka dot, patterned paper, from sei's Grandpa's Attic line, across the bottom and trimmed it, across the top, with a black, grosgrain ribbon, adhered with mini glue dots.  The "J", for Jason, was stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on the card kit die-cut; framed by two, black brads from Stampin' Up; and adhered, in the center of the card, where the two patterned papers meet, and over the ribbon, with dimensionals.

I had so much fun with the colors of this third card set!  It was made for my younger sister and brother-in-law.


I started this card by edging that colorful, striped, patterned paper, from Basic Grey's Oh Baby! Boy collection, with a strip of white cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  I, then, machine stitched a hot-pink-threaded, straight stitch, above the scallop edge and below the patterned paper, before adhering the two to the Elegant Eggplant, card base.  The fun, silver trimmed, sheer, hot pink ribbon was wrapped around the card face and over the patterned paper and tied in a bow to the left side of the card face.  A "d", for Durham, stamped, on the card face, in the bottom, right corner, and polka dots, stamped across the top of the card face, complete the look.  Both were stamped in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink.

This fourth and final set was made for my older sister and brother-in-law.


I started this card by edging that fabulous, rust-colored, floral, patterned paper, from Stampin' Up, with a strip of ivory cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  I, then, adhered the two to the top of the Chocolate Chip, card base and wrapped a sheer, striped, ivory ribbon around the card front and over the patterned paper and tied it in a bow to the left side of the card face.  That cute, little, pom-pom flower was made from ivory and deep brown, polka dot, patterned paper, from my stash, and adhered with mini glue dots.  I first saw these beauties on Dawn McVey's blog here, and she, graciously, linked her blog to the tutorial that taught her how to make them.  I've made tons of Wendy Smedley's pom-pom flowers since then!  They're pretty thick, so, I wouldn't make them for cards that are being mailed or even for scrapbook pages, but I just love them!  So, hopefully, they'll love them, too, and be able to hand deliver them.  Finally, I clear embossed the "A", for Angell, in the bottom center of the card face, just below the ivory cardstock, and grounded it, on either side, with two, Best Occasions gemstones.

All these card sets were paired with jars of our homemade apple butter and salsa, just like yesterday's gifts.

We didn't get to watch my family open their gifts, since this was BJ's family's year for Christmas; but I do have a few pictures of us opening gifts, at Mom and Dad's house, after everyone else had gone home.

Ezekiel got a soft, new robe...

a handsome coat...

and a fancy, fishing pole, amongst a heap of other things.

Adina couldn't take her hands off this new, toy train, for even a minute, to open the rest of her gifts!

Well, maybe, to make sure there wasn't anything tasty in her new cup...

and to play with the Christmas bows.

She did remember to sign and say THANK YOU, though.  Oh, and lookie what I got!

Isn't that new, dressy coat just gorgeous?!

I, also, couldn't help showing you my first four-generation picture (from right to left... my Grandpa, Ezekiel, me, Adina, and my Dad).

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to come back tomorrow for the final day of my Christmas Gifts Reveal.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi Jinny,

You are so creative! I wish I could manage to pull off that type of creativity with gift giving! If you will email me at danielleholtzman@cox.net, I will give you information on how to get new updates on Matt & Molly. I cannot publish it publicly, so just email me and I'll let you know! Thanks for checking in on them!

Danielle Holtzman