Christmas Gifts Reveal, Day 3

Thursday, December 31, 2009

There's nothing new and exciting going on around here.  We've just been busy cleaning house and getting the Christmas decorations put away.  I need a little help with the tree, though.  So, it'll have to wait until my hubbie gets home for lunch.

I've got the third and final day of my "Monogram Christmas" gifts to reveal to you today.  I think I had the most fun making these fun pillows for all my nieces and nephews.

I used material leftover from the quillows (blankets that tuck into a sewn-in pocket to make a pillow) I made for them a few Christmases ago.  All the shams are removable for easy washing and stuffed with super, soft, pillow forms.  I used my Mickey Font Cricut cartridge to cut the first letters of their names (Grant, Hunter, Deidra, Jenna, and Madison).  Yep!  Really!  Emilie Ahern, of The Scrap Review, has a super YouTube tutorial here.  Check it out!  It's pretty slick!  Although, Emilie says you don't need to, I did use my machine to zig-zag stitch all around the letters.  Then, for my nieces, I couldn't help adding little, matching, buttoned yo-yos.
Check out Heather Bailey's yo-yo tutorial here.  Oh, and I cannot mention Heather Bailey without showing you some of her fabulous scrapbooking supplies...

and these two patterns, that I cannot wait to get my hands on!  I hope BJ is reading this, since my birthday is in just a few weeks.  Wink!
 
Don't you just love, love, LOVE all those gorgeous, bright colors?!  Wanna get your hands on all Heather's fabulousities for yourself?  Check out her online store here.  Happy sigh...

Anyway, sorry about that little sidetrack.  I couldn't make pillows for my nieces and nephews without making them for my kiddos as well.  Here's a picture of Ezekiel's monogrammed pillow on the quillow I, also, made, for him, a few Christmases ago...
and because Adina hadn't even been conceived yet, when their quillows were made, I made her a little, pumpkin pillow, with leftover material, to match her bedroom set.
The pumpkin was cut out with my Speaking of Fall Cricut cartridge, just the same as the letters above; and it, too, was stitched on like an applique.  Here's a picture of my kiddos enjoying a Christmas movie, after they'd had their baths, on Christmas night, all comfy in their new bean bags and tucked in with their new, fluffy pillows and old, matching blankets.
I hope that you enjoyed all my "Monogram Christmas" gift reveals.  I'd love to see some of your monogrammed gifts!

Have a safe and memorable New Year's!  We'll be snuggled in our warm, little house, snacking and watching the ball drop in Times Square.

No comments: