Christmas Memories

Monday, December 28, 2009

I hope that you all had a super, wonderful Christmas and are recovering, from all the activity, in the warmth of your home.  I got that white Christmas that I was hoping for.  This was our view, out my bedroom window, on Christmas morning...

and this is what our screened-in porch looked like.

We couldn't even see the floor!  It continued to snow all Christmas day and much of the next.  We got about three more inches, after these pictures were taken.  I know that it can be a pain for getting around, but it just makes Christmas that much more magical for me.  Ezekiel couldn't resist making a snow angel on Christmas afternoon...

but Christmas morning was all about family.

BJ read the Christmas story to two, eager kiddos.

Adina had to have a little snack to tide her over until all the gifts were opened.  Then, we prayed...

and dove into Christmas stockings.


Tradition, in our house, is to have three gifts, aside from stockings, for each kiddo, under the Christmas tree; because Jesus got three gifts for His birthday... gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  Here are a couple of my favorite reactions.

Adina couldn't resist giving her new baby kisses, when we finally got her out of the box.

I couldn't even get Ezekiel to look at the camera, when he saw his little, desktop aquarium.  He just kept hugging it :).  He and BJ set it all up and are going to go have the water tested and, hopefully, pick out fish later this week.


They both loved their new bean bags, and don't they look cute in their new pj's?!  They, always, get to open new pj's on Christmas Eve.  Here's the picture we took Christmas Eve night, after they had their baths.

We had such a wonderful day just being together, celebrating our Savior's birth, reading, playing in the snow, decorating Christmas cookies...

and did I mention eating?!  For breakfast, we had Paula Deen's Broccoli Grits Souffle; turkey bacon, which was gobbled down too quickly, by my boys, to get in the picture; and Cinnamon Raisin Bread Custard (a yummy recipe from an old teacher friend of mine... Thanks, Ellen!  We still love it!). 

All afternoon, we snacked on fruit and dip...

Paula's Mediterranean Cheesecake (minus the olives... Yuck!) and crackers...

and sugar cookies.

Then, for dinner, we had a feast!

That's way too much food for just the four of us!  Thankfully, we saw lots of family this weekend and got to share.  We had turkey and gravy; mashed potatoes; green bean casserole; lettuce salad; homemade dinner rolls with homemade apple butter, of course; and Paula's Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter frosting for Jesus' birthday cake.  Yum!  Yum!
 
 
I, finally, get to share all the goodies that I've been making, for Christmas gifts, over the last month, but you'll have to come back tomorrow to see the start of them.  I won't bore you with all of them in the same day!  Today, I have Pencil Lines' Sketch 165 for you.
 
This sketch was provided by Pencil Lines' founder Anna Bowkis.  I just love the simplicity of it!  Here's what I came up with.

I started with that cute bird and polka dot, glitter, patterned paper from DCWV's Nana's Nursery line and layered on a wide strip of Certainly Celery cardstock, punched, across the top edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  I trimmed its bottom edge with a strip of green, glitter, polka dot, patterned paper, from My Mind's Eye's Where the Heart Is collection, and a piece of green, pom-pom trimming leftover from Adina's crib skirt.  I, then, framed the 4" square pictures with Almost Amethyst cardstock and arranged them on the Certainly Celery cardstock.  The "sweet cheeks" title, as well as, the "Jan 09" date are foil adhesive transfers from K&Company's Brenda Walton.

No comments: