Christmas Preparations

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's been such a cold week, but the icicles and plummeting temperatures didn't stop Ezekiel from enjoying the snow.

It did, however, stop me.  That's why this picture was taken as soon as he came in from outside; rather than, while he was sledding, down the hill, in our backyard.  It was 11 degrees!  No matter, we've had plenty to keep us busy indoors... Christmas crafts, school work, house cleaning, laundry, cooking, and baking, to name just a few.  Plus, Adina hasn't felt good all week and is getting another molar.  That'll keep any mom on her toes!

I've, also, been busy at work, creating special, Christmas things, in my loft... most of which I cannot show you until after Christmas, but check out this stack of cute tags I made.

I used Real Red cardstock as the tag bases and cut them out with my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge.  More tags were cut and trimmed out of patterned paper from K&Company's Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist line.  Oh, it is just gorgeous paper!  I'm truly loving it!  I, then, trimmed the bottoms of the patterned paper with Certainly Celery cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Stampin' Up's Scallop Edge punch; stitched a white-threaded, machine stitch all around the edges of the patterned paper; added, with mini glue dots, bits of pink, frilly trimming, for the girls and married folks, and Certainly Celery ribbon, tied in a loose knot, for the boys; and adhered it all to the Real Red, cardstock, tag base.  The "DO NOT OPEN 'TIL CHRISTMAS" sentiment was stamped in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink.  Finally, I added a bit of string to tie them onto our packages, as well as, to loop through the pink and light green buttons and tie in a bow.  The back of the tags are stamped with "TO" and "FROM", again, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink.

Time out... I need to check on the simmering pasta sauce on my stove.

It's coming along just fine.  The house smells amazing!  I'm making Garden Vegetable Pasta with homemade, French Bread, just out of my oven, for dinner, tonight.  Mmmmm!

We won't get to celebrate with my side of the family for Christmas this year, so we'll be taking their gifts to them this weekend for our extended family celebration at my Aunt Cindy's house.

Don't they look so Christmas worthy?  I just love giving gifts :)!  I, also, have a jar of homemade apple butter making the trip.  My family loves apple butter almost as much as I do, and it'll be the perfect compliment to their Christmas dinner.

Oh!  And I cannot forget!  Look what BJ bought me!

I just love this lady!  I've already got my eye on her Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting, Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Savory Mediterranean Cheesecake.  I cannot wait to get cooking/baking!  I've, also, been completely inspired by Julie & Julia.  My poor husband sat through the whole movie, with me, last night.  He did doze off a few times, mind you.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: