EBTKS Challenge 4: Toothpick

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I hope you all are staying warm, wherever you are.  On a cold, rainy/sleety, supposed to be snowy, day, like today, I'm so very thankful for warm socks; pumpkin spice coffee; and my cozy, little house, all decked out for Christmas :).  (Oh!  I've still got pictures of us decorating the tree, from a couple of weekends ago, to show you!)  I'm, also, thankful for a fun hobby to play at, while I'm stuck indoors.

Everything but the Kitchen Sink has a great Around the House - Toothpick challenge going on.

I have to admit that, when I saw this, I thought, "No way... not for me!" and immediately, moved on with my day; but I couldn't get this challenge out of my head.  So, while lying in bed one night, here's what I came up with.

I started this card with the little, toothpick lollipops.  They were stamped, from left to right, in Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron inks, on white cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; and adhered, with mini glue dots, to the top of the toothpicks.  I, then, tied a pretty, white ribbon, in a bow, around three of the five lollipops and adhered them, at varying heights and being sure to alternate the ribboned and bare, toothpick stems, to the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock, card front, with more, mini glue dots.  I covered the base of the stems with two, coordinating, patterned papers from Basic Grey's Oh Baby! Boy collection.  They were joined together with a purple-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  The bottom paper was punched with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch; and the prepped covering was adhered, to the card front, with dimensionals.  I, then, applied several, blue, "PARTY" rub-ons across the top of the card front (You can see them much better in real life.); separated each sentiment with a Best Occasions gemstone; and mailed it, in a clear envelope, to my sister, Cristi, for her birthday, last Sunday.

This was a tough challenge, but I think that I tackled it well.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Helen F. said...

Such a fun card, Jinny! Love all the colorful papers, glitter and embellies you put on it.

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Courtney Baker said...

Way cute! I love the ribbon you tied around the toothpicks, such a great effect! Thanks so much for not being scared by the challenge and coming and playing!

Winter said...

So cute! I love the lollipop idea! I get my ideas while laying in bed too! :) Thanks for playing with us in the challenge!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love these lollipops! WOW! So cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at EbtKS! :)

Lea L. said...

Ca-ute!! I am just loving this....lollipop toothpicks!!! Love it! Great job with the EBTKS challenge!

♥Lea