Embellish Leaves, Acorns, & Pine Cones Color Challenge

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I've got tons to do, so I'm going to get right to this post.  I have one last, Thanksgiving thank you, today, inspired by Embellish's Leaves, Acorns, & Pine Cones Color Challenge.

I just love all these gorgeous, natural colors!  Here's what I came up with.

I began by water marking, using my VersaMark stamp pad, my Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base with all those pretty, little acorns and leaves.  I, then, layered that rusty, floral, patterned paper across the bottom half of my card and topped it with the green, leafy, patterned paper, punched, across the top, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  Both papers are from Stampin' Up.  A ribbon I saved, from a package Adina got for her first birthday, was perfect for this color combo and challenge; so, I wrapped it around the card front, right where the two, patterned papers met, and tied it in a bow.  Finally, I stamped the "THANKS so much" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, in the bottom, right corner of the rusty, floral, patterned paper and lead the eye right to it with three, moss green buttons, adhered, in a row, with mini glue dots.

I'm off to get a few things done for school and do a little creating, before the kiddos get up from their nap/rest time.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Those green buttons pop so well off that orange patterned paper! Nice! Also like the tone-on-tone stamping on the brown! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!