Extended Family Christmas

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Warning...  For those of you coming here via my link on the Mojo Monday blog, scroll to the bottom of this post.  There's lots of family stuff coming up first!

Yesterday was our extended family Christmas at my Uncle Rick and Aunt Cindy's house.

Can you believe we got a picture of all 30 people, in attendance; and virtually, everyone is smiling and looking at the camera, with the exception of maybe the babies under one-year-old?!  Not to mention, this was the first and only shot!  Hey, we're good!  (from right to left, from behind the couch to in front and on it... Aunt Cindy, Uncle Rick, cousin Ryan, Ryan's wife Juliet, Ryan and Juliet's son Copeland, cousin Chris, Dad, brother Jason, Mom, Aunt Joanie, Uncle Rod, brother-in-law Corey, sister Jana, sister Cristi, Cristi and Ben's son Isaiah, brother-in-law Ben, BJ, me, cousin Matt, Matt's wife Linda, Matt and Linda's daughter Camaro, Jamie's son Grant, Ezekiel, Grandpa, Jana and Corey's son Hunter, Jamie's daughter Jenna, Jamie's daughter Madison, Adina, sister Jamie, and Jana and Corey's daughter Deidra)

We had such a good time just hanging out, eating, laughing, exchanging gifts, and catching up on everyone's lives.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures.

Adina just loves her Aunt Jana!

This is my Aunt Cindy holding the youngest family member, at three-months-old, her grandson Copeland. 

The kiddos enjoyed playing ping-pong, watching The Nativity Story, and decorating sugar cookies.

They, also, loved the books my Mom brought for them.  I think Ezekiel has already read his New Testament from front to back cover.

Adina cuddled up with Daddy to read hers...

and my cousin Matt's daughter, Camaro, loved the twinkling stars and singing that emanated from her little treasure.

To thank their Grandma for these special gifts, I made a fun, little card, for Ezekiel and Adina to send, using this week's Mojo Monday sketch.

Every time I looked at this sketch, I saw a mouse!  Really!  So, here's what I came up with.

I started by stamping the "Merry Christmas" sentiment (It's super difficult to see in this picture, but it's in the lower right corner), in Real Red ink, on the Real Red, cardstock, card base.  Too bad I didn't have a "Merry Christ-mouse" stamp.  I almost wrote it in :).  I, then, layered on two, patterned papers from K&Company's Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist line.  The lower patterned paper was punched, across the bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  A sheer, pink, Hobby Lobby, ribbon purchase was wrapped around the card front, right over the patterned papers, and tied in a bow to the left of the little mouse.  The mouse was cut, from grey paper, with my Fiskars circle template.  I, then, added pink, cardstock circles to the centers of the ears and a little, pink, cardstock oval for the nose.  The wiskers and mouth were hand stitched in grey and black embroidery floss.  A couple google eyes bring this little guy to life, and a few dimensionals pop him right off the card front.

2 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

oh my goodness, is this ever clever...I so luv it.....great job.

Your fanmily pictures are sweet too, have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How cute! Love that little mouse. Thanks for playing! :)