Mojo Monday Week 115

Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Friday!  Ezekiel has been such a trooper getting back in the swing of school after Thanksgiving break, but I have to admit, I just want to play.  It's so hard to stay focused, when there's holiday baking to do, presents to make, gifts to wrap, Christmas music to enjoy, and so many, fun challenges stirring in my head.  Speaking of challenges, I have a Mojo Monday sketch, for you, this week.

Here's what I came up with.

I started with a 5" square, Certainly Celery, card base.  I, then, layered a 4-3/4" square, brown and aqua, polka dot, patterned paper, by K&Company, on top.  The white and aqua, cardstock circles were cut with my Fiskars circle template and adhered, one on top of the other, in the center of the card front.  I, then, wrapped a Stampin' Up, Certainly Celery ribbon around the bottom half of the card front and adhered it to the card face, behind the "hoppy birthday!" sentiment, with mini glue dots.  The sentiment was stamped, in Close to Cocoa ink, on aqua cardstock and adhered, to the bottom of the circles, with dimensionals.  I, then, laced hemp twine through two, aqua buttons, placed on either side of the sentiment, and around the ribbon; pulled it snug enough to gather the ribbon; and let the ends hang free, after securing them, with mini glue dots.  Finally, I stamped the frog images, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock; water colored them in shades of Certainly Celery; cut them out; added little, google eyes; and adhered them to the white, cardstock circle, above the sentiment, with dimensionals.

I just love the way this card, for another brother-in-law's birthday, turned out!  Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: