Pencil Lines Sketch 164

Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm so tired today, that I actually tried to take a little nap, while the kiddos were resting, but wouldn't you know it?  Adina picked today, of all days, not to go right to sleep.  I dozed off a couple times but kept getting woke up by her chattering.  I gave up and decided to post last week's Pencil Lines Sketch 164.  It was provided by the creative director of Kaisercraft Melissa Kennedy.

Here's what I came up with.

This entire layout took shape around that large, fun, Easter die-cut from Making Memories.  It is covered with the all kinds of rough, Easter phrase text about Peter Cottontail, chocolate bunnies, Easter eggs, jellybeans, joy, Easter bonnets, etc.  I layered it over a green and pink, striped, pattern paper and under a piece of green, floral, patterned paper.  Both patterned papers are from Paper Studio.  I, then, used Stampin' Up's Slit punch to create a larger, scalloped edge across the bottom of a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock; glittered the top, straight edge; and adhered it near the bottom of the layout.  The silly photo of my kiddos was framed in Certainly Celery cardstock and layered, partially, over the Easter die-cut and, partially, over the green, floral, patterned paper.  For the "EASTER photo op" title, I used K&Company's Brenda Walton foil adhesive transfers.  I wish you could see the shine better in these photographs.  This was the first time that I'd tried any kind of adhesive transfer (glitter, foil, or otherwise), and I just loved it... so easy!  I topped off the entire look with lots of three-dimensional, glitter, floral accents from K&Company's Lucy's Linens line.  Oh!  I, also, tucked a Pretty in Pink, Scallop Circle in amongst the flowers and dated it, 4.12.09.

Again, I had too many Easter pictures to call this section of the scrapbook complete.  So, the above page turns in to this layout.


This side of the layout boasts all the same features as the other and includes the addition of a pink, polka dot, patterned paper from Paper Studio.  Here, the foil adhesive transfer title says, "TRADITIONS," and the Pretty in Pink, Scalloped Circle reads, enjoying a chilly hunt.

Here we have more of the same patterned papers, glittered and scalloped edges, floral accents, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink cardstock, and foil adhesive transfers.  However, this layout does introduce a new floral, patterned paper from Making Memories' Garden Party line.

The Certainly Celery cardstock became a text box, on this page, and reads, Ezekiel and Adina are always so spoiled at Grandpa and Grandma Green's house.  There are so many people to play with and give them lots of attention, and our get-togethers almost always include gifts.  The foil adhesive transfer says, "sweet memories."

The foil adhesive transfer, here, says, "picture perfect."

This final page brings us, full circle, back to the initial layout with the re-introduction of the green and pink, striped, patterned paper from Paper Studio.  There is also one final, light yellow, polka-dot, patterned paper, again, from Making Memories' Garden Party line.  The foil adhesive transfer says, "moments to TREASURE," and the Pretty in Pink Scallop Circle reads, cuddle time complete.  My Mom had had enough of the giggly squirming and was, literally, dumping her grand kids to the floor.

I hope you enjoyed my layouts and have been thoroughly inspired.  Adina is, now, sound asleep.  Figures!  Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Hi there, just wanted to pop by and thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a lovely comment....means a lot!

Abby:)

P.S. I enjoyed perusing through your lovely blog:)