Thanksgiving Memories

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Today, I've got my long-awaited (I'm sure by so many of you, since my Dashboard says that I only have one follower... Thanks, Tania!), Thanksgiving photos for you.  Here's the whole gang, minus most of the cousins, enjoying an after Thanksgiving dinner snack (from left to right... my sister Jana's daughter Deidra, Jana, my brother-in-law Corey, BJ, my Dad, my brother Jason, my sister Jamie, my brother-in-law Matt, and my Mom).

The cousins were too busy wrestling, or maybe they were doting on Adina; after they posed, for me, for this picture (from left to right again, starting with my little Adina, Jamie's oldest daughter Madison, Jana's daughter Deidra, Jamie's son Grant, Ezekiel, Jamie's other daughter Jenna, and Jana's son Hunter).

They're all a bunch of hams, when the cameras come out!  Here they are attacking Uncle Corey and winning, I might add...

and a couple more pictures, just because they're too sweet to leave out.


Oh, and look at Adina showing off her moves!


She's not super confident yet, but the idea of walking and her handful of successful attempts at it, sure has her excited!

I couldn't post without a couple, handmade projects; so, I'll start with these cute, little, Oreo cookie turkeys.

I was so excited, when I saw the idea for these here on The Idea Room blog, that I just had to give them a try.  Amy's turned out much cleaner looking than mine.  The frosting was super hard to control, but they were still lots of fun; and everyone, all around the Thanksgiving table, enjoyed their sweet goodness, especially the cousins!

Finally, a little, Thanksgiving thank you inspired by Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: One More Nod to Fall.

Here's what I came up with.

I started by stamping several florishes, in Old Olive ink, on ivory cardstock.  A few, decorative leaves were stamped, in Really Rust ink, right where the flourishes part; and the "THANKS so much" sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, in the bottom, right corner.  I, then, made a rectangle of 2-way glue, starting and ending at the sentiment and using an acrylic block as a guide, and covered it with olive green glitter.  The prepped, ivory cardstock was, then, adhered to the Chocolate Chip, card base.  Super easy, but it packs such a punch!

No comments: