Tuesday Trigger: Velvet Pastels

Sunday, December 20, 2009

I guess that it's my turn to be home not feeling too well.  I think that I'm just, thoroughly, worn out, after having been pulled in so many different directions, lately.  Plus, we don't have school for two weeks, and my body seems to know these things.  It's shutting down, now.  Anyway, Adina stayed home, from church, with me, too.  She was up half the night coughing.  Poor baby!  So, I'm trying to stall until her morning nap, so I can lie down, too, and thought that I'd post this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Velvet Pastels; while she's busy pulling cardstock scraps out of my craft, trash bin and getting into the bottom drawers of my desk.

I thought that this inspiration would be perfect for a baby girl card.  So, the following card will be arriving at my friend, the new mom, Jamie's house tomorrow, along with a big pan of Ziti, homemade French bread,  lettuce salad, and a Pumpkin Roll.

This is a 3-1/2" square card.  I just love to make baby cards little!  I started by machine stitching light green-threaded, straight-stitch, flower stems on the floral, patterned paper by Frances Meyer.  I, then, hand cut a couple flower leaves, from Certainly Celery cardstock, and stitched down the center of them the same way.  A little crinkling and pulling apart of the cardstock, along the edges, gives the leaves a more three-dimensional, realistic look.  They were adhered, next to the stitched stems, with mini glue dots.  A little piece of Certainly Celery cardstock, punched, across the top edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch and adhered over the base of the stitched stems, serves as the grass.  Finally, a few pink, green, and yellow, Paper Studio buttons, dressed up with yellow, embroidery floss; light green, scrap ribbon, tied in a bow; and Best Occasions gemstones, were adhered, with mini glue dots, above the tops of the stitched stems.  I, also, stamped the back with a "hello little baby {welcome home!}" sentiment, in Pretty in Pink ink, just above my signature.

Oh!  And you've got to go check out Abby's blog for more pictures of her Tuesday Trigger: Velvet Pastels inspired creation.

She did such an amazing transformation on her purchased, advent calendar.  Be sure to tell her so!

2 comments:

Cath said...

What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger, Jinny! Thanks for playing along--and feel better! :)

lynn said...

too cute, jinny!