Two in One

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm back, as promised!  This week, I combined Embellish's Snowflakes Color Challenge...

with Pencil Lines' Sketch 166, provided by Pencil Lines' founder Anna Bowkis.  I still need to jump back and do Sketch 165, but all in due time.  These two challenges just fit hand-in-hand for me.

Here's what I came up with.

I started this layout by machine stitching, with a white-threaded, zig-zag stitch, an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of kraft cardstock (Look at me!  I picked up some kraft cardstock :)!) onto a 12" x 12" sheet of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I, then, wrapped a So Saffron ribbon, tied in a loose knot, around both layers near the bottom of the kraft cardstock and adhered it to the back of the layout with mini glue dots.  All my pictures were framed with light blue cardstock and arranged, on the page, to reflect the sketch above.  My "SNOW Angels" title is a sticker, from EK Success' Phrase Cafe line, that I picked up years ago.  It just worked perfect for this page!  All the gorgeous, felt-layered and rhinestone-studded snowflakes are from K&Company.  In the bottom, right corner, I stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, shaky, journal lines and wrote, We don't usually get a lot of snow.  So, every little bit draws Ezekiel outdoors to sled, have snowball fights, and make snow angels.  A little hot cocoa to warm him up afterward, makes it all worthwhile.  I added the date, Dec. '07, in the opposite corner, below the kraft cardstock.

With all the leftover scraps, I put this card together to send to my cousin Matt and his family.  They keep passing all kinds of beautiful dresses and everyday clothes down, from their daughter Camaro, to Adina.  We are so very grateful!

The base of this card was cut from kraft cardstock and stamped, in the lower, right corner, with a "to wonderful you from thankful me" sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink.  The brackets, surrounding the sentiment, were, also, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  I, then, trimmed a piece of light blue cardstock, stamped and glittered with snowflake images, with a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  The resulting cardstock was, then, adhered to the card face above the sentiment.  A So Saffron ribbon, tied in a bow, and the last of my felt-layered and rhinestone-studded snowflakes, from K&Company, add just the right amount of embellishments to make this card ready to send.

I'm off to, finally, get a shower (Our routine is all out of wack, with no school, this week, and I'm loving it!) and finish up some more holiday baking.  Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, these are both sweet, your work is amazing...Merry Christmas!

enjoy *~*

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great designs! Love the scrap layout and the card! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge!