Another Two in One

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's been one of those days.  One of those days where you just feel as though every last spark of anything living has been drained from your body; one of those days when you just want to throw your hands in the air and run away; one of those days that pleads for a quiet afternoon of peace and solitude; one of those days that you question whether or not you'll recover from; one of those days that every mother prays will never come.  It's been one of THOSE days, and it seems like we're having more and more of them, lately.  Could it be the weather?  Please, Lord, let it be the weather!

I do have Color Inspiration #57, from Kristina Werner, for you, today.

I, absolutely, LOVE this color combination!  I combined it with Pencil Lines' Sketch 168...

and came up with this.

I cannot tell you how much fun I had with this layout!  I started by layering a large piece of a light-aqua-colored cardstock (I don't have any Baja Breeze cardstock.), punched, along the left edge, with SU's Scallop punch, over a super, distressed, deep red, patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket's Dutch Girl: Eva collection.  I think this paper is exactly why I love this layout so much.  I cannot get enough of that distressed look!  I really need to get my hands on Papertrey Ink's Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo Inking System.

I, then, adhered, over the light aqua cardstock, a piece of torn, along the left edge, More Mustard cardstock.  The "WHEN I GROW UP..." title box is, also, from Cosmo Cricket and framed by another of their distressed, patterned papers, but this time in a coral color.  I love that the title box pulls all those colors together, so effortlessly, with its stripes.  I, then, journaled, I will always be there for you, even when you don't want me to be.  After my pictures were added, I did a little more journaling on strips of white cardstock, stapled along their left edges.  The upper, journaling strips read, Every time Mommy asked me to get you a bib, I brought you this one.  If you cannot tell, her bib says, "I love my big brother".  The lower, journaling strip was turned into a March 24, 2009 date card.  All the stars were cut, with my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge, from So Saffron cardstock.  The two taller stars, in the lower, left corner, were glittered with yellow, Sugar Coating glitter from Doodlebug Design; and the rest were embellished with mustard, saffron, baja, and coral buttons from Paper Studio and Grandma's Grab-Bag by Jesse James & Co.  I, also, threaded a couple of the buttons with white string and tied their loose ends in bows.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Pencil Lines DT Co-Ordinator said...

Hi Jinny, love how you have incorporated two challenges together, beautiful layout
anna x