EBTKS Challenge 6: Wrapping Paper

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have another Everything But the Kitchen Sink, "Around the House" challenge, for you, today.

Oooh!  Wrapping paper!  I've used wrapping paper in my papercrafting many times before, so, I dove right in to this challenge.  Here's what I came up with.

I started by trimming that gorgeous, striped, Hallmark, wrapping paper with a piece of white cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, and securing the connection with a color-coordinating, zig-zag, machine stitch.  I, then, stamped that pretty, little design, in each scallop, with Rose Red ink.  Before adhering the wrapping paper to the Certainly Celery, cardstock, card base, I rounded the top, two corners with Stampin' Up's Corner punch; and after doing so, I wrapped a silver trimmed, hot pink, sheer ribbon around the card face and tied it in a bow off to the left side of the wrapping paper.  The "I JUST CAN'T thank YOU ENOUGH!" sentiment was clear embossed on Rose Red cardstock; punched out with Stampin' Up's Square Scallop punch; embellished with a few, Paper Studio gemstones; and adhered to the right side of the wrapping paper, and just above the zig-zag stitching, with a dimensional.

This card and all of these, too...

were made for so many people that we had to be thankful to this Christmas.  I did run out of that hot pink ribbon.  Thank goodness!  I mean, I, absolutely, love the look of it, but it's super frustrating to work with.  The silver trimming is one-sided and stiff!  So, anyway, I finished a spool of light green, silk trimmed, sheer ribbon, which I love and really need to get more of and had used to wrap Christmas gifts, for the final, few thank yous.

7 comments:

Ann said...

Love these...your wrapping paper is fab! Thanks for playing with us Kitchen Sink girls!

Brenda said...

Your card is great, and wow!!! Look at all those cards you made! You're set for a while. Great job!

JoLynn said...

So pretty! And obviously easy to mass produce! Great idea.

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are great! I love the stitching! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the fun colors! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute! Love that ribbon! Thanks for playing with us!

~kelly marie~ said...

Adorable!! Just love them all in a row too! Thanks for playing along with ebtks!