Embellish's Stripes Color Challenge

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I've got a birthday card, that I made for my brother-in-law's birthday, inspired by Embellish Magazine's Stripes Color Challenge, for you, today.

I've got to be honest and say that I wasn't just loving this color combination, but I'm, always, up for a challenge.  So, here's what I came up with.

I started this card by stamping the rough stripes, in Elegant Eggplant and Chocolate Chip inks, down the right side of the kraft, cardstock, card face.  I, then, rounded the top, right corner with SU's Corner punch and added a strip of chocolate and kraft-colored, Playful Typing Test, patterned paper, from KI Memories, which I machine stitched with a wavy, deep-brown-threaded stitch, over the left side of the card face.  A strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and Terrifically Tacky Tape, covered in brown glitter, were applied, vertically, between the two surfaces.  I, then, wrapped a chocolate brown ribbon, horizontally, around the card face, twice; secured it with a couple, mini glue dots; and added a couple staples over the lower ribbon and Elegant Eggplant cardstock.  Finally, I stamped the "MAKE A WISH" sentiment, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, between the stamped lines on the kraft, card face and embellished with a few, purple, Paper Studio buttons threaded with white string.

1 comment:

Mariana Grigsby said...

I love all the details of this card! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!