Entertainment

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last week, a water main broke on our street.  Adina had the most fun watching, from my bedroom window, all the trucks and workmen, laboring to repair the leak.




It took several days, so, perching in the window, after getting dressed, quickly, became a part of our morning routine.  This week, we sure have missed all those noisy trucks!

I have Pencil Lines' Sketch 170, provided by founder Anna Bowkis, for you, today.

Here's what I came up with.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Ezekiel and myself and was taken just a week before Adina was born.  I started this page by layering on the strips of patterned paper and cardstock near the bottom of the page.  The green, leafy, and yellow, polka dot, patterned papers are both from SU, and the Really Rust cardstock was punched, across the bottom edge, with SU's Scallop punch.  Before adhering the gold and yellow, patterned paper, from Heidi Grace Designs' Wild Daisy Road collection, framing the picture, I stamped, in Old Olive ink, on the Old Olive, cardstock page, a trail of leaves and dots.  I, then, added a bit of shine to the dots with my Gelly Roll pen.  The "wonderful, cherish} YOU" title was stamped in Old Olive ink and embellished with an adhesive, chipboard heart, again, from Heidi Grace Designs' Wild Daisy Road collection, and colored gemstones from Marcella and Paper Studio.  Finally, I punched, with SU's Photo Corners punch, a photo corner, in the lower, left corner, from a rust-colored, floral, patterned paper from SU and added Fresh Paint, fall, adhesive, glitter embellishments and a few gemstones from Marcella and a few more gemstones from Paper Studio.

The above page became this layout.


I used the same leafy, trail stamping; cardstock; scallop and photo corner punching; patterned papers; gemstones; and adhesive, leaf embellishments on this page... nothing new, except for the gorgeous pictures of Ezekiel, just being a kid, in the fall leaves.  These pictures, always, make me smile, and sometimes, make me long for the simplicity of the days with just one kiddo.  Don't get me wrong, I'd never change a thing.  I love Adina with all my heart, and she really is the best thing that ever happened to our little family of three.  Some days are just tough for this Mommy.

One more thing, before I take off today.  Becca, over at Blue Cricket Design, is having a giveaway for a free undershirt from Blush.  I, sooooo, wish that I had discovered these when I was pregnant...

but never mind.  Those days are over.  They're still perfect for this long-shirt and layer loving girl!



I, totally, would have an order on the way to my house, right now, if the white and the black undershirts were available in my size.  I've, already, contacted the ladies behind Blush to find out how these fabulosities can become a part of my wardrobe ASAP!  Anyway, if you'd just love to have one for FREE, go to the Blush website; pick your favorite color or print; and leave a comment, for Becca, on Blue Cricket Designs' Blush Undershirts post.  Good luck!

No comments: