A Little Weekend Fun

Sunday, January 31, 2010

We had another full weekend.  It all started Friday night, when I got to get away to scrapbook club.  It was so nice to have a little, girl time, doing one of my favorite things.  Here's what we did.
I pasted all the patterned papers, from SU's Sweet Pea collection, on the Basic Grey cardstock, at club; but the rest was done at home, when I had pictures in front of me.  First, I machine stitched a white-threaded, zig-zag stitch between all the paper connections.  Then, I was ready to get started.
 
The top picture, of Adina, was framed with a piece of Taken With Teal cardstock, provided by Kim.  I just trimmed it down, slightly, to fit my picture better.  Before leaving club, I, also, punched out, with SU's 1-3/8" and 1-3/4" Circle punches, several, coordinating circles from that same SU Designer Series Paper Pack.  One was tucked under the right side of the top photograph and labeled with the Jan. '09 date.  A couple more helped frame that gorgeous, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt flower I got to use.
 
Others, from club, got to use some designer brads, instead; but I've got to tell you, I felt like the lucky one with that pretty embellie :).

On the second page of the layout, I added some glitter, letter stickers, from K&Company, just above the pink and white, polka dot, patterned paper, to form the "My Angel" title.  I, then, trimmed the other, Old Olive, photo mat, that we got sent home with, with the Taken With Teal, cardstock piece, that I trimmed from the first page; again, machine stitched them together with a white-threaded, zig-zag stitch; and wrote 2-1/2 months, vertically, up the right edge.  I, then, used the mat as a text box.  It reads, I just loved dressing you in this gorgeous, sweater piece.  I don't know if it was a baby gift or where it came from, but you always looked so angelic in it.  That is, until your brother tried to clean his dry erase eraser on your belly, while you were in it.  It was ruined.  I finished this page up with a couple more, punched circles, layered one on top of the other and topped with a Kraft, Corduroy Button from SU.

Ezekiel made his first basket, for his team, at basketball, yesterday.
He was so excited, and we were so proud!  Here's a couple more pictures of him learning the game and having fun...

and one of my beautiful girl, watching the game with her Daddy... and sucking on a tube of lip gloss :).  Whatever makes her happy!
On the way home, from basketball, we picked up a few things at Wal-Mart.  Then, while BJ ran into Lowe's, I stayed in the car with the kiddos.  Adina was wiped out and getting tired.  Ezekiel decided to try to calm her down by singing her a little lullaby.

It was, totally, made up by him and went like this, "Go to sleep, sweet Adina.  Rest your head.  Go to sleep, sweet Adina.  Rest your body.  Don't cry.  Go to sleep, sweet Adina."  It worked!  She was sound asleep in minutes and, even, stayed that way through her transfer from the car to her crib.  What a good, big brother!

Today was just another day of teaching Sunday School, at church, and spending some time, together, as a family.  I'm off to give my baby girl a bath.  Then, we'll watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and wait for the boys to get home from Awana.  Until tomorrow...

No comments: