My First Etsy Sale

Friday, January 8, 2010

Yea!  You read it right.  I got my first sale from my Etsy shop Lofty Designs.  Double yea!  It was a custom listing for my Aunt Cindy.  She asked for a variety pack of Valentine cards; loved all the sample designs I emailed her; and should be getting this, pretty, little package, in the mail, today.


I started this card by joining a piece of vellum, all covered in cute, puffy, coral-colored hearts, to a piece of white cardstock with Cameo Coral brads.  I, then, adhered the white cardstock to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base and wrapped a gorgeous, sheer, satin-trimmed, red ribbon around the top of the card face and tied it in a bow to the left side over the vellum.  The little truck and hearts were stamped, on white cardstock, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink and water colored in shades of Real Red, Cameo Coral, and Chocolate Chip.  Too cute!  I just love this image!  I, then, raised it off the vellum surface with dimensionals and added a red, metal, adhesive, heart accent from Colorbok

BJ said that this was his favorite out of the five.  Interesting :)?!  I started this card by clear embossing polka dots across the bottom of the Certainly Celery, cardstock, card face.  I, then, joined a piece of ivory cardstock, punched, across the top, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, with a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  The two were secured, at the seam, with a light-green-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch and adhered, to the card face, above the polka dots.  The heart was stamped, on ivory cardstock, in Pretty in Pink ink; glittered; and hand cut out.  Although, I love how it overhangs onto the pink cardstock, if I were to remake this card, I wouldn't cut it out again.  Originally, I wanted to pop it up with dimensionals, but when I added that gorgeous, K&Company die-cut, laced with a pink, sheer ribbon, with dimensionals, it was pulling all funny and just didn't look right.  So, I opted to adhere it flat to the cardstock surface.  All that's to say, that I'd probably just stamp it right on the ivory cardstock surface, next go around.  The ribbon was tied in a bow to the left side of the die-cut, after the die-cut, itself, was stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, with the "LOVE" sentiment.  I went with StazOn ink, because the surface of the die-cut is super smooth and slippery, and StazOn is great for these types of surfaces.  A few Paper Studio pearls, strategically, placed in each, lace scallop, give this card the perfect, finishing touch.

I love the simplicity of this design.  Adding anything else would've taken away from that look.  I started by stamping the heart and polka dot images, in Pink Passion and Pixie Pink inks, on white cardstock.  Yep!  They were all hand colored onto the stamp surface.  And, yep, again!  It took A LOT of time!  But it was so worth it!  I, then, adhered the stamped cardstock to the Pixie Pink, cardstock, card face.  The "a little SOMETHING for a little SOMEONE" sentiment was stamped, right over the heart and polka dot images, with Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink.  I added Terrifically Tacky Tape, from Provo Craft, in a rectangle, around the edges of the white, stamped, cardstock surface, leaving a bit of a frame and beginning and ending at the sentiment.  A little, pink, Sugar Coating glitter, by Doodlebug Design, gave it just the right amount of glitz.  In the past, I've just used an acrylic block as a guide and dragged two-way glue along the edge to form the rectangle.  It works great; but I've got to tell you, this is way easier; much less messy; and the glitter holds super tight.

This next card was inspired by Embellish Magazine's Hearts Color Challenge.

Here's what I came up with.

I took the picture, of this card, at this angle, because it showed the embossing super good.  I just love to clear emboss on dark colors, but I despise the way it photographs.  Anyway, I started this card by edging the fun, heart print, patterned paper, by K&Company, which had its top corners rounded with Stampin' Up's Corner punch, with a piece of black cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch and clear embossed with hearts and polka dots.  I, then, machine stitched a red-threaded, zig-zag stitch between the two and wrapped a fabulous piece of velvet trimming, around the patterned paper, above the stitching.  The "I Love You" sentiment was clear embossed on a small piece of black cardstock, which had already had its corners rounded with Stampin' Up's Corner punch.  It was, then, adhered above the velvet trimming and slightly to the right of the card face and machine stitched, with random stitches, across the left side.  The entire prepped card front was, then, adhered to the Real Red, cardstock, card face with dimensionals.  Finally, a little, red, metal, adhesive, heart accent, from Colorbok, was added, slightly over the stitching and next to the sentiment, for good measure.
 
I started this last card by machine stitching a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of that gorgeous, heart fabric to secure it to the white cardstock.  The white cardstock was, then, stamped, across the bottom, in Orchid Opulence ink, with the little, dotted scallop; hand cut to mimic the scallop pattern; and embellished with Paper Studio gemstones.  I, then, adhered the prepped, white cardstock, near the top, to the Orchid Opulence, cardstock, card face and rounded the bottom, right corner, of the card base, with Stampin' Up's Corner punch.  A pretty, double-stitched, red ribbon was wrapped around the card face, over the left side, and tied in a bow.  I, then, wrapped the knot, of the bow, with a white string, laced with a sentiment tag and cute, Favorite Findings, holiday, heart button, and tied it in a bow.  The tag was stamped with the "love ya bunches" sentiment, in Orchid Opulence ink, on white cardstock; punched out with Stampin' Up's Tag punch; framed with an Orchid Opulence, cardstock, hand cut frame; and hole punched with Stampin' Up's 1/16" Hand Held punch.

All these pretty, little cards were packaged in a cellophane bag and secured with a skinny, hot pink ribbon, tied in a bow, after being laced with this fun tag.

This tag was cut, from Almost Amethyst cardstock, with my George and Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge.  I, then, added a strip of Pink Passion cardstock, punched, across the bottom, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch and topped with the pretty, floral, patterned paper from Stampin' Up.  The "XOXOXOXO" and "LOVE" sentiments, as well as the row of tiny hearts, were stamped, right on the patterned paper, in Pink Passion ink.  For the finishing touches, the letters of "LOVE" were separated with Paper Studio gemstones, and one of the tiny hearts, in the row at the top of the tag, was covered with a Favorite Findings, holiday, heart button, laced with white string, which was tied in a bow.

I hope you enjoyed the reveal of my first sale as much as I enjoyed getting it :).  Come back, tomorrow, for the reveal of a couple more Valentine listings that I'll be adding to Lofty Designs ASAP.  Oh!  And if you could use a few "hello little baby {welcome home!}"...


and/or "celebrate one cupcake at a time!"...

handmade cards, or if you know someone who could use them, please, quickly, go to or send them to Lofty Designs.  The listings for these sets expire this coming Tuesday, January 12, 2010.  I'd love for someone to be enjoying them.  Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

So many wonderful projects and designs! Thanks so much for taking on an Embellish challenge!

marianagrigsby said...

Wow... beautiful cards! Thank you for playing along with us!

Dawn said...

Love the stitching on your card. I'm always drawn to stitching as I don't really do it. LOL And I am just in love with your little elephants! Too cute!

Maile Belles said...

Wow, all of these are great! Love the sentiment details on the Embellish challenge card. so gald you could play along with us!