Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I've got to tell you all, that today has been a much better day.  I'm not holding my breath, and I'm knocking on wood, even as I type this post; but so far, it has been night and day different.  The weather is a good twenty degrees warmer, too!  Maybe it really was the weather and not my parenting skills!?

Okay, so, I've got Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21, for you, today.

I thought this color combination just screamed baby.  So, this is what I came up with.

I started by clear embossing polka dots over a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and trimming it with a strip of a light aqua cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with SU's Scallop punch.  Before securing the two, with an ivory-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch, I slipped an ivory, cardstock tab, punched out with SU's Round Tab punch and stamped, in So Saffron ink, with the "Welcome, baby!" sentiment, between them.  I, then, stamped a scallop, in Chocolate Chip ink, just above the punched scallop and a row of hearts, in the same color ink, above the stamped scallop.  A few, tiny, Paper Studio gemstones, to separate each stamped heart, and it was ready to be adhered to the So Saffron, cardstock, card base.  I, then, wrapped a color-coordinating ribbon around the card face; looped it through the teddy bear button, from Jesse James & Co.'s Grandma's Grab-Bag; and tied it in a bow to the left side of the teddy bear.  I, also, used a mini glue dot to stick the right loop, of the bow, just below the teddy bear's chin.  I didn't want his cuteness hiding behind it!

Before I take off today, I wanted to tell you about Rachel Berry's blog.  I've had so much fun browsing through it.  She's just full of crafty inspiration!  Anyway, she's having this super, Stick Family Stitchery giveaway...

from now until January 19th.  Oooo!  Wouldn't this win make a fabulous birthday gift for me :)?!  Anyway, run, don't walk, over to her blog ASAP, to sign up, for your chance to win; and if you don't happen to be the coveted winner, you can still get one of your own from her Etsy shop Made With Love And Glue.  Good luck!

No comments: