Two New Lofty Designs Listings And Some

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Warning... For those of you coming here via my link on the Mojo Monday blog, this post is LONG.  If you scroll down to the Mojo Monday sketch, my inspired card will be just below it.

It snowed all day yesterday, and it's snowing again!  Our temperature gauge reads eight degrees, and there are two-foot-long icicles hanging from our roof!  What in the world?!  I don't remember the last time we got so much snow and such insane temperatures for such a long period of time, and now, our weather guy says that we haven't even reached half of his predicted amount of snowfall for this winter.  Holy smokes!  We'd better stock up on more coffee, hot cocoa, and soup ingredients; keep the kitchen cabinet doors open at night (We don't want those pipes to freeze, AGAIN!); load our medicine cabinet with Aquaphor (It does wonders on little, chapped cheeks and lips!); add more blankets to all the beds, including Summer's and Sophie's (our pups); and buy a few more undershirts and warm socks.

Yesterday, I watched our mail lady tromp through knee-deep-high, snow drifts, in our front yard, to get to our neighbor's mailbox.  I felt so sorry for her.  Fortunately, after delivering our mail, she used the shoveled driveway to exit.  Smart lady!  Anyway, I decided to do a little something nice for her for all the work she does for us.  Ezekiel and I whipped up a batch of Paula Deen's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies; although I wasn't impressed with their softness, they are super chewy :).  Ezekiel's learning about measures in Arithmetic, so this was really good for him.  When I asked him how many pints of flour we put into the batch, if the recipe called for five cups, he even knew the right answer!  Smarty pants :)!

Anyway, as I said, we whipped up a batch of cookies.  Then, we wrapped a dozen of them up all pretty; put them out for our mail lady; and ever so sneakily, watched her pocket them with a (I'm sure :).) scarf-covered grin.

That tag was simply made by clear embossing the "just BECAUSE i Care" sentiment on Real Red cardstock, punched out with Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch.  I, then, adhered it to a Bashful Blue, cardstock circle, that I cut out with my George and Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge; punched a hole in it with Stampin' Up's 1/16" Hand Held punch; added a few, Paper Studio gemstones under the sentiment; and laced it with a red and white, checkered ribbon, which I tied in a bow around the cellophane bag of cookies.

While the cookies were baking, I snapped a few, quick pictures of Adina, playing in the Tupperware cabinet...



and one of Ezekiel, who from the theft of Adina's non-Tupperware pitcher and addition of another, real Tupperware, bowl ring (which, incidentally, becomes a handle... It's pretty slick!) to his own neck, obviously, needed some attention.

Okay, I promised that I'd be back, today, to show you a couple, new, Valentine listings, that I'll have up in my Etsy shop Lofty Designs ASAP.  So, without further ado, let's begin.

Ooo!  Hang on!  The boys just got back from basketball.

Okay, I got the low-down and a Starbucks Vanilla Latte (They're all out of Pumpkin Spice!  Grrrr!) and am, now, settled in to get started.  This first listing...

was inspired by one of the cards I made for my Aunt Cindy's custom listing, revealed in yesterday's My First Etsy Sale post.

I thought, "Wouldn't it be challenging and fun to put together an entire set using this adorable, heart fabric and double-stitched, red ribbon?"  Obviously, my answer was a whole-hearted, "YES!"  So, in addition to the above, replicated card, there are four more, enclosed in this listing.

I started this card by stitching white-threaded, straight stitches around the edges of and to secure the fabric squares to a piece of white cardstock.  The white cardstock was, then, adhered to the So Saffron, cardstock, card face, which had been punched, along the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  I, then, stamped the heart image, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock; glittered it; and adhered it, with dimensionals, to the inside of the upper, left, fabric square.  The double-stitched, red ribbon was wrapped around the card face, just above the lace punching, and tied in a bow to the right side of the card face.  For the finishing touch, I adhered a strip of Real Red cardstock, punched, across the top, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch, to the bottom inside of the card.


I started this next card by stamping the edges of the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face with hand colored, in Real Red and Pretty in Pink inks, hearts and polka dots.  Yep!  I did it, again, despite the time factor.  I, then, adhered a small swatch, of fabric, to the card face's center and adhered a piece of white cardstock, which had been stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, with the heart image, over it.  The heart image was, also, glittered and had its center hand cut out to reveal the printed fabric.  I, then, framed the white cardstock with strips of Real Red cardstock, punched, along the inside, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch.  A few Paper Studio gemstones, at the frame junctions, and a double-stitched, red, ribbon knot, adhered to the upper, right side of the heart image, with dimensionals, give this card its finishing touches.

This next card was inspired by Mojo Monday Sketch 120.

Here's what I came up with.

I started by stitching the heart-printed fabric onto the pink and white, floral, patterned paper, from Stampin' Up, with a white-threaded, straight, machine stitch.  I, then, adhered a clipping of white lace below it, with mini glue dots, and a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock, which had been stamped, in Real Red ink, with hearts and polka dots, overlapping the top edge of it.  The double-stitched, red ribbon had a v cut in one end and was adhered, over the fabric and lower edge of the Pretty in Pink, stamped cardstock, with mini glue dots.  The other end, of the ribbon, was wrapped around to the back of the patterned paper and, again, secured with mini glue dots.  The prepped, patterned paper was, finally, adhered to the Real Red, cardstock, card face with dimensionals.  I, then, stamped the "to You from me" sentiment, in Real Red ink, on Pretty in Pink cardstock; punched it out with Stampin' Up's 1-3/8" Circle punch; framed it with a white, cardstock scallop, punched from Stampin' Up's Scallop Circle punch; and adhered it to the upper, left corner, of the Pretty in Pink, stamped cardstock, with dimensionals.  A few, red, metal, adhesive, heart accents, from Colorbok, were added, in a row, just above the ribbon, on the Pretty in Pink, stamped cardstock, to finish to look.

This last card is probably my favorite, if not for its simple design, for that adorable, fabric flower, which I, totally, came up with on my own.  I really did!  I've never seen it anywhere else.  So, I'll be sure to tell you, exactly, how I made it, below.

I started this final card by stamping the Valentine sentiments, in Real Red ink, along the left side of a piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock.  I, then, adhered strips of white cardstock, which had been punched, across either the top or bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, to the top and bottom of the Pretty in Pink cardstock; stamped them, in Certainly Celery ink, with little, scallop details; and secured them with a light-green-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  The double-stitched, red ribbon was cut at an angle; adhered, just to the right of the sentiments, with mini glue dots; and wrapped around to the back side of the Pretty in Pink cardstock, where it was secured with more, mini glue dots.  I, then, adhered the entire, prepped piece to the Certainly Celery, cardstock, card face with dimensionals.  Now, for my favorite part!  I created that flower from five, cut, 1-3/8" circles of printed fabric.  I, then, secured them one on top of the other with a green, Stampin' Up, Circle Ice, rhinestone brad; twisted and pulled the top, four, fabric circles to give it more dimension; and adhered it, above the ribbon strip, with mini glue dots.  I just love that it's flat enough to mail or press in a scrapbook but still has so much dimension!

All five cards were packaged, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag...

and topped off with more double-stitched, red ribbon, laced with a content-coordinating tag and tied in a bow.

This tag was cut, using my George and Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge, from Almost Amethyst cardstock.  I, then, added a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch, to the lower portion of the tag.  A strip of printed fabric was adhered, to the back, with mini-glue dots, overlapping the top portion of the Pretty in Pink, punched cardstock, and secured, across the top and bottom, with pink-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I, then, wrapped a strip of double-stitched, red ribbon around the upper portion of the tag, above the stitching, and adhered it, to the back, with mini glue dots.  A pink, Favorite Findings, holiday, heart button was tied to the red ribbon with white string, which was, then, tied in a bow.  Finally, I adhered another, Cricut cartridge cut, Almost Amethyst, cardstock tag to the back, to cover all the cut, fabric ends, and stamped the back of it, in Almost Amethyst ink, with "TO" and "FROM".

My second listing is a stack, of five cards, replicated from one of my Aunt Cindy's custom creations.

I just love that little, truck image!  All the details, for the making of these cards, can, again, be found in yesterday's My First Etsy Sale post.  All five cards were bundled like the above listing...

and secured with another, sheer, satin-trimmed, red ribbon, laced with a matching tag and tied in a bow.

I started by layering the top portion of a piece of white cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's Scallop punch, with a piece of coral-colored, heart, patterned vellum.  The velum was secured, in all four corners, with Cameo Coral brads.  I, then, adhered the stack of hearts image, which had been stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock and water colored in shades of Cameo Coral, so it would overlap both the white, cardstock, scallop edge and the vellum.  The entire, prepped piece was, then, adhered to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, George and Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge cut, tag face with dimensionals.  A little red, metal, adhesive, heart accent, by Colorbok, finished the look.  This tag, too, is stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on the back, with "TO" and "FROM".

There you have it!  I'll have them posted to Lofty Designs, just as soon as I take some time to play with my kiddos.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: