Welcome to 2010!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's so hard to believe that we've entered yet another, new decade in my lifetime.  I'm not that old!  Well, maybe; but I don't feel that old just yet, which is a super, good thing!

We've been running around all morning, after we fixed our frozen, kitchen, sink pipes (Welcome, winter!) and had a yummy, waffle breakfast, that is.  Our first stop was the mall; then, lunch at On the Border; and finally, JCPenney Home Store.  I cannot remember the last time we were at the mall for anything but picture taking.  Honestly!  I can hear all you shoppers gasping right now, but I, literally, hate to shop.  I hardly ever find what I'm looking for; nothing fits right; and the florescent lights give me a headache.  It's all just a bit depressing!  Today, however, I found a couple, new, well-priced, clothing items for each of us and a gorgeous, new, quilt set for my bed!


Our old quilt was literally falling apart at the seams.  So, it was much needed; and I got it for a steal, to boot!  For now, it, even, works with the existing paint color.  We, also, got a couple, new blankets for our sleeper sofa.  So, now, our overnight guests will be snug and warm in our cozy, little house; and I may be changing my hate for shopping tune, just a bit :)!  Shhhh!  Don't tell BJ!

I have Pencil Lines' Sketch 167, for you, today.  It is brought to us by author, instructor, and crafter Donna Downey.

Here's what I came up with.

Due to the colorful busyness of the rest of this page, I decided to stick with a super neutral, white, cardstock base.  After adhering the photo, I added the "precious baby" title, created with chipboard letters by K&Company, and paper brackets, also, from K&Company.  The K&Company paper die-cut, above the photograph, was dated July 31, 2009 and laced with a sheer, aqua ribbon, which was adhered to the back of the page with mini glue dots and tied in a bow to the left side of the die-cut.  Then, I had fun with flowers... paper flowers; die-cut flowers; and flat and three-dimensional, sticker flowers!  They all are from K&Company.  Some were adhered with mini glue dots, others with dimensionals, and still others were stuck flat to the cardstock surface.  Almost all were embellished with more K&Company, die-cut flowers and/or Paper Studio pearls or gemstones.  Too fun!  Oh, but that's not all!  I had a few more pictures from this backyard, photo shoot of Adina.


I didn't use any new, papercrafting goodies on this page; and believe it or not, I still have some flowers leftover :).  So, there you have it!  Just a few, more, gorgeous photos of my girl.

Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

No comments: