A Busy Weekend

Monday, February 22, 2010

It feels like it has been forever, since I sat down at my computer.  We had a super, busy weekend, beginning with basketball and ending with a ice/snow storm.  Let me start at the beginning.

Saturday morning, we woke up to Adina's chatter; ate a quick breakfast; and headed out to basketball, where Ezekiel played his last game and received his participation certificate.  He was super proud!
We've been debating signing him up for the next round.  He loves it so much!  The only reason we're being hesitant is because it really ties up our weekends.  It would only be for another six or seven weeks, though.  Plus, it's great exercise for him, when the crazy, winter weather keeps us cooped up.  What's a Mommy to do?!

Anyway, as soon as we got home, we laid Adina down for her morning nap and started painting.  We painted the walls of my loft, staircase, and main level hallway all day Saturday and a good portion of the day Sunday.  That's a HUGE feat in itself, when we've got little ones running around.

Three gallons of paint and two worn-out bodies later, our walls have gone from a light, Spring Clover green to a deep, gorgeous, Haven green.  I, absolutely, love the change!

On Sunday, we had the pleasure of meeting up with my little sister Jana, her husband Corey, and their kiddos for church.  They were visiting Jana's in-laws, in Olathe, and met us, despite our tardiness (Sorry, guys!), for Heartland's first service.  Ezekiel was thrilled to have his cousin, Hunter, join him in Great Adventure!  We, also, had an extra, special treat of getting invited back to lunch at Corey's mom's house.  It was, totally, unexpected and, so, delicious!  Thanks, Pam!  Plus, it was really nice to get to spend more time with my sister, being as she lives, nearly, four hours southwest of us.

During the hustle and bustle, the weather took a turn for the worst.  We got a ton of slush and ice, which, promptly, got covered by snow and forced Ezekiel's Awana leaders to cancel club.  Today, however, it all looks gorgeous in the sunshine.  Everything is sparkling and not melting too quickly, since the temperatures are crazy cold!

Before I leave you, today, I want to show you my interpretation of Pencil Lines' Sketch 173, provided by the creative mind of Lisa Day.
Here's what I came up with.
I started my page by layering those fun, floral, and graphic, polka dot, patterned papers onto a sheet of Almost Amethyst cardstock.  I, so, wish that I could tell you where those fabulous papers came from.  I haven't a clue.  Whomever made them, also made the alphabet, bubble stickers I used to create my "ON THE MOVE" title in the upper, left corner.  I, then, added a strip of Old Olive cardstock, horizontally, above the polka dot paper; wrapped a sheer, cream, Hobby Lobby ribbon around the page, right where the two met; and adhered a strip of Really Rust cardstock, punched, down both sides, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch, vertically, over all layers.  A few Heidi Grace, glitter flowers and white, cardstock, journaling strips, which read, I was trying to get some sweet pics of you playing quietly with your toys, but the minute you caught me, you were headed all smiles in my direction.  8.29.09  almost 10 months, complete the page.

Well, that's the long and short of it.  We're exhausted and not ready to begin a new week, but nothing's stopping it from starting without us; so, full speed ahead!  I'm off to clean up the hot mess our painting project left me, so I can get a few, papercrafty projects done this week.  Have a great one!

No comments: