EBTKS Around the House Challenge 8: Box Tops

Monday, February 8, 2010

Well, it's snowing hard, again, here.  It's so wet and cold outside.  I just want to bundle up with a cup of coffee and a good movie.  Unfortunately, the kiddos have other plans :).  Ezekiel came down with a fever Saturday afternoon.  So, we've been home bumming it.  He's been feeling pretty rough, and Adina... well, she's up to her usual shenanigans.
I've got Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Around the House Challenge 8: Box Tops, for you, today.
I'm sure that the idea here is to disguise the box tops, but I thought that it would be fun to use a portion of it outright.  Here's what I came up with.
 
Too fun... Right?!  I just cut the "Cheer" from a Cheerios box top, which we, always, have plenty of, to serve as part of my sentiment.  I, then, stamped the hearts, in Barely Banana ink, on white cardstock and clear embossed the completed "UP" sentiment right over the top of the hearts.  I used a paper towel to apply Yoyo Yellow ink right up around the edges of it and blended Barely Banana ink the same way throughout the rest of the white cardstock.  Nicole Heady has a fabulous, technique video here on her introduction to Make It Mondays post.

Unfortunately, I didn't get in on her day 5 challenge...
but I love this technique, and it's been a super long time since I've used it.  I thought that it was about time it came back around again.  I, then, adhered the white cardstock to the Yoyo Yellow card base; punched a wide strip of Real Red cardstock, along the bottom edge, with Stampin' Up's, new, Sale-A-Bration punch; and adhered it, near the bottom of the card face, over the bottom of the prepped, white cardstock.  A bright yellow, gingham ribbon, tied in a bow, will make it super difficult for the future recipient, of this card, not to smile.  Finally, I threaded a red, Favorite Findings, Holiday Heart button with white string; tied the string in a bow; and adhered the button, to the center of the gingham, bow knot, with mini glue dots.

Before I leave you today, I want to show you what I found in the mail this morning.
 
It's a sweet, little thank you from Winter for sending Valentines her way for her Cards for St. Jude card drive.  I, so, didn't expect this.  I mean, she probably had to make hundreds of these thank yous, because her goal was to receive 200 cards for the kiddos, and she got 1,519!  Holy smokes!  She's now including the patients at Texas Children's Hospital, too.  Way to go, Winter!

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love this CHEERy card! What a clever idea!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute idea! Love it and I cracked up at the pic you showed... too funny! Thanks for playing along with our challenge! I like a girl brave enough to show off her 'necessities' to the world! :)

Ann said...

SO cute! I love the way you used the box! Thanks for playing! :D

Winter said...

What a CUTE idea! I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)
And I'm glad you liked your thank you card and I ended up making about 128 of those, but it was all worth it, to show my appreciation to all of you! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Wow love your card. And isn't that Winter so sweet!

Julie E said...

This is a great idea!! So fun! I could not think of a single thing exciting to do with box tops LOL!