EBTKS Sketch Challenge #9

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Even though the temperatures are well below freezing, the sun is shining, and it is a beautiful day!  This morning, we saw four deer in the woods across the street.  As soon as Ezekiel saw them, he began recapping everything that he knew about deer in the winter months.  They blended in so well with the tree trunks and were, absolutely, gorgeous, despite the fact that they looked so skinny.  I felt so sorry for them.  I'm sure they were looking for food.

I've got Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Sketch Challenge #9, for you all, today.
So, I decided to use this sketch more as inspiration than as a guide.  Here's what I came up with.
I machine stitched all those fabulous, patterned papers, from SU, with an aqua-threaded, straight stitch, to the white, cardstock frame.  I, then, adhered it to the Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card base and used Jana Eubank's origami flowers, again (I'm loving these things!), and more SU, patterned paper to create the off-center focal point.  A rust-colored button, for the flower's center, really tied in that pretty, floral print in the lower, right corner.  Last, but, certainly, not least, I stamped the "because nice matters" sentiment, in Not Quite Navy ink, on white cardstock and tucked it under the origami flower.

Well, I'm off to do some more organizing, and the dusting is calling my name.  I'm hoping Adina takes a little longer nap, today; because BJ's coming home early, from work, to take Ezekiel to see Shawnee Mission Lake get stocked with trout.  I could, potentially, get a lot done :).

6 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Love this card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge! :)

Jessica said...

Very pretty card :)

Ann said...

I love those fun patterns! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the papers! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

jen said...

Love those papers & that flower!!

Courtney Baker said...

Jinny I love what you did with it! Way cool! Thanks for playing along!