Embellish's Birthdays Color Challenge

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Well, I'm happy to say that I'm making excellent progress on putting my crafty, loft space back in order.  I'm taking the opportunity to do some reorganizing and weeding out.  I'll have to show it to you all, when I get it complete.  I have to warn you, though, that it might be quite awhile.  The carpet we have up here, now, is, totally, embarrassing and disgusting.  I'm serious!  It's straight out of the 70's!  So, when we save enough to re-carpet and complete some of the existing, woodworking projects (and our stove doesn't die or somebody doesn't go crashing through our front room or the furnace doesn't need replaced or the septic tank doesn't back up or...), I'll bust out the camera.

So, last Friday was my friend Kim's daughter's first birthday.  I made her card using Embellish's Birthdays Color Challenge for inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started by clear embossing polka dots over a piece of Brilliant Blue cardstock, whose lower edge was trimmed with a strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock, punched, along its lower edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  I, then, machine stitched a hot-pink-threaded, straight stitch just above the Chocolate Chip strip; adhered it to the Garden Green, cardstock, card base; embellished, between the scallops, with a few, tiny, Paper Studio gemstones; and stamped the "Make a wish!" sentiment, in Garden Green ink, on the card face, just below the scallops.  The baby image was stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock and water colored in shades of Pink Passion, Blush Blossom, and Pretty in Pink.  I machine stitched another hot-pink-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the white cardstock and adhered it, over the embossed polka dots, near the right side of the card face.  I, then, wrapped a hot pink, glitter ribbon, from Joann Fabrics, around the card face, overlapping the Brilliant Blue and white cardstocks, and tied it in a bow, just to the left of the white cardstock.  For the finishing touch, I threaded a Jesse James & Co., Grandma's Grab Bag, flower button with a blue, SU, Ice Circles, rhinestone brad and adhered it to the bow's knot with mini glue dots.

I thought this card turned out perfectly pretty for the gorgeous one-year-old little Brooke has become.  Happy Birthday, Brooke!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

love that pink ribbon against the blue...gorgeous and so fun!!

Traveling Mama said...

Awww! How cute! Love those polka dots! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Jinny, this is a super duper cute card! Thanks for playing along with us!