Embellish's Ribbon Color Challenge

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm still in utter shock over my win yesterday.  I emailed PTI customer service and am awaiting a response.  Until I hear from them, I feel like maybe this may not have really happened.  I mean, it's crazy... Huh?!

Anyway, I've got Embellish's Ribbon Color Challenge, for you, today.
I, actually, made this card, for my sister, a couple of week's ago, but I'm just now getting around to posting it.  Here's what I came up with.
 
I started this card by stamping the polka dots, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, on the lower half of the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  Random hearts were stamped, in Petal Pink, VersaColor ink, between the dots.  I, then, trimmed the striped, patterned paper, from my stash, with Pretty in Pink cardstock, punched, along the bottom edge, with SU's Scallop punch; machine stitched a turquoise-threaded, zig-zag stitch between the two; and adhered them to the top half of the card face.  All the corners were rounded with SU's Corner punch; and the bottom edges were brushed with more Pink Petal, VersaColor ink.  I, then wrapped the wide, turquoise and chocolate brown, Hobby Lobby ribbon around the top portion of the card face, over the patterned paper, and tied it in a knot.  Several more sheer, felt, and satin turquoise, pink, and brown ribbons, from my stash, were, then, tied in knots around the original.  I, also, added a Favorite Findings, pink, Holiday Heart button, with white string, to the mix.  Before tying the string in a bow, I laced it with the "SISTER" sentiment, which was cut from a sheet of 12"x12" Studio K Stencil Letters and Words Printed Acetate (I've, literally, had this stuff for ages!) from K&Company; rounded the corners of with SU's Corner punch; and punched a hole in the top, right corner of with SU's Hand Held 1/16" punch.

I'm off to get some cleaning done.  We, finally, got around to patching in one of the skylight holes from when we got Our New Roof back in September; and after sanding the Sheetrock, everything is covered in dust.  Ick!  Lots to do!  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome... love these colors! I dont envy you in having to clean... lol ... i hate that! :D

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very cute! Love all of the ribbon bows!

Maile Belles said...

What a fun card! Love your use of the ribbon! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

Mariana Grigsby said...

I like this card!!! Love all those ribbon bows!!!! Thanks for playing along with us!