It would have been nice to make it a couple inches longer, but I just couldn't get enough fabric from his little, old pants, even after piecing the existing one together. I made the front flap of the bag an inch shorter, too, for the same reason, but I don't think that it made much of a difference. I couldn't salvage the other pocket for the back, this time, either. There was a huge tear, just below it, in the knee area.
The only other thing that I did differently was that I used bright green thread for all the top stitching to stand out. I thought that it gave it a real whimsical, kid-like look; and look at all the goodies I saved, this time, to embellish other projects!
Oh! And, again, I didn't spend a penny. Ezekiel picked the interior fabric, from my remnant bins, and I had everything else on hand. Even with all the adjustments and all, he still loves it!
He, immediately, filled it with a Pez container, some of his miniature dinosaurs, and a few of his Valentine books.
- Best Valentine Book: ABC Adventures by Troll Associates
- Valentine Foxes by Clyde Watson (This one is Ezekiel's favorite!)
- How Spider Saved Valentine's Day by Robert Kraus
- Little Mouse's Big Valentine by Thacher Hurd
- The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll
- The Runaway Valentines by Lisa Trumbauer
- The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
- I Love You So Much by Carl Norac
- Don't Forge I Love You by Miriam Moss
- Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Every mom with a little boy needs this book.)
- Anything for You by John Wallace
- Mama, Do You Love Me? by Barbara M. Joosse
- How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight? by Varsha Bajaj
- I Love You, Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt
- On Mother's Lap by Ann Herbert Scott
- Butterfly Kisses by Bo and Brooke Carlisle
- You're All My Favorites by Sam McBratney
- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas (Adina got this one for Christmas. It's so sweet!)
- I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rossetti-Shustak
I have one, fun, Valentine's Day project that I want to share, with you, tomorrow, before the weekend, but I'll save the rest for after they are gifted.