Fun, Friday Stuff

Saturday, February 6, 2010

It snowed here, all day, yesterday.  Here is what it looked like around about 9 am...
 
here it was at noon...
and, finally, here it was, just before the sun went down, last night.

Look what a great job our city, snow plow crew did on the streets!  We got about five inches, in all, and they're predicting a bigger storm for Tuesday.  BJ was such a trooper and shoveled the driveway and walk, before it became super solid and more difficult to remove.
I really, really love this man!

So, last night, just as soon as BJ finished shoveling, we got a knock on our door; and there stood my Stampin' Up delivery man (aka Kim's hubby), carrying these goodies.
That's Earth Elements and Soft Subtles 12"x12" cardstock; Pretty in Pink, Elegant Eggplant, and Ruby Red 8-1/2"x11" cardstock; I {Heart} Hearts, clear mount, stamp set; and Sale-A-Bration punch.  Yea!  I know... I know... All that cardstock may look boring to you, but just think of all the possibilities.

I got right to work on Pencil Lines' Sketch 172Anna Bowkis provided this week's sketch.
Here's what I came up with.
All the glitter and patterned paper, on this page, comes from DCWV's Nana's Kitchen Stack collection.  So fun!  I trimmed out the far right strip, of glitter paper, with Tempting Turquoise cardstock, punched, along the right side, with my fabulous, new, Sale-A-Bration punch.  I just love that red, velvet trimming; that I found, for a steal, in the clearance bins, at Hobby Lobby!  All the hearts came from my new stamp set.  I told you that I got right to work :)!  The "friend" heart was clear embossed on Tempting Turquoise cardstock and hand cut out.  I, then, inked in the sentiment with my uni-ball, Signo, white, gel pen.  The next heart, moving up, was stamped, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock; glittered with Doodlebug Design's, red, Sugar Coating glitter; and hand cut out.  The top heart was clear embossed on Real Red cardstock; hand cut out; and inked in, again, with my white, gel pen.  The partial, "U" title was stamped, in Real Red ink, on white cardstock; glittered with Doodlebug Design's, red, Sugar Coating glitter; and hand cut out.  The completed, "LOVE" title was stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on white cardstock, in the center of another, Tempting-Turquoise-stamped heart; hand cut out; and attached to the "U" with an Ice Circles brad from SU.  The final step was adhering the stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on white cardstock, and hand cut, photo corners to the center corner of each photograph.  I love how this really draws the eye in.

Again, that wasn't the end of these beautiful pictures of my kiddos.  Here's the completed layout.
This page boasts all the same glitter and patterned papers, cardstock, velvet trimming, brads, and photo corners.  The only new things are that white, cardstock, text box, which reads, Even though we had difficulty getting Adina to look at the camera, you were all smiles and so proud, and the 1-12-09 date above the upper, left picture.

I couldn't just scrap these pictures for Ezekiel's scrapbook, though.  So, I copied the same layout and design for Adina's.
All her glitter and patterned papers come from DCWV's Nana's Nursery collection.  I used Pretty in Pink and Pumpkin Pie ink and cardstock; Doodlebug Design's, pink, Sugar Coating glitter; pink, fringed, Hobby Lobby ribbon; and Cameo Coral brads (They look pink to me!) from SU.  Actually, the larger brad, in the "LOVE U" title, is from American Crafts, but it's the exact same color.  Her text box reads, We had a hard time getting you to look at the camera for these takes, but Ezekiel was all smiles holding you.  2 months

3 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Yeah for the Stampin Up delivery man!! I'm glad you used your new goodies so quickly!! I'm impressed! I haven't even used that punch yet!

Jenny said...

So cute! Love your blog... came over from Paper Poppy. I love stampin up too!! :D Nice layouts!! :) and cute kiddos!

Jenny said...

Yes yes! I love papercrafting, stamping, scrapbooking... LOVE IT! I want to expand everything but gotta do it lil by lil to make my woman cave how I want it LOL! :D Thanks for the sweet comments! Come back often! :)