Happy Valentine's Day...

Monday, February 15, 2010

one day late!  We had such a wonderful, busy day; and I, finally, get to show off Adina's Valentine's Day outfit.  She looked too cute and got so many compliments everywhere we went, beginning at church.

I made her tu-tu using Samster Mommy's 10 Minute Tu-Tu tutorial.  It, actually, took me more like 20 minutes, but it was still super easy.  Natasha's tutorial calls for three rolls of nylon tulle, but I only used two and still had about seven yards leftover.  When I tried to use the leftovers, it was just way too crowded around the elastic waist.  Adina's waist is a couple inches smaller than Natasha's daughter's, so that may have been all the difference.  Anyway, that all translates to, about, 60 strips, or 37 yards, 22" long and 6" wide for a 17" waist.  I, also, used skinny, pink ribbon to tie on a few, hot pink and red, Favorite Findings, Holiday Hearts buttons.
We got her the onesie for her birthday.  It just happened to work perfect, and I made her a pair of babylegs to tie the whole thing together.

I just cut off the foot of a lady's knee-high sock and ran a zig-zag stitch around the bottom, being sure to pull the fabric, as I went, for the ruffle effect.  I just love these things!  They don't snag like regular tights, keep her legs even warmer, and I'm told they are awesome during potty training.  Here they are completing another outfit.

I've, already, got plans for a couple more pair.  Oh!  And I used the toes, from the knee-highs, to make her baby doll a hat and matching bunting.

After church, we went home, because my baby girl needed a nap.  She was in tears, when I picked her up from the nursery.  I just hate that!  Then, we took the kiddos out to our traditional, Red Robin, Valentine's Day dinner.
Don't mind the forehead bruise.  She crashed while trying to use a canvas, grocery bag as a necklace.  Crazy girl!
Finally, we made a little trip to Target and drove home in this...

to take a much-needed, family nap, before the boys headed out to Awana.  Ezekiel had a few of his homemade Valentines, for his friends, in tow.
Aren't these just too sweet?!  We got the idea for them in my February 2010 issue of Parents magazine.  He had so much fun making them... Honestly!  He kept saying how he loved to sew.  I just paper pierced the dots on white cardstock, for him, and got him started by taping the yarn to the back.  He did the rest.

Then, we adhered it to a purple, construction paper, card base with dimensionals.  He, also, made these for his grandmas and girl cousins, but the grandpas and boy cousins received these.


We got the idea for these from his February 2010 issue of Your Big Backyard magazine.  They're made from pipe cleaners, pink cardstock, pink feathers, and google eyes.  I love the way they turned out, but it was difficult to figure out how to hold them together.  Pipe cleaners don't take too kindly to glue or tape. Tombo, Mono, Multi, liquid glue to the rescue!

I've got a couple, more, Valentine's Day projects to show you, as well as the Valentine's Day cards we made at my Stampin' Up workshop, on Saturday, but they'll have to wait for another post later this week.  This one is already way too long!  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with love.

1 comment:

Winter said...

That tu-tu is too stinkin' cute! I lady I know, made one for a baby shower and I thought that I would love to make one as a gift to a baby girl! Thanks for the link, I will have to check it out! And love the Valentine goodies too! :)