Heart Felt Wreath

Friday, February 12, 2010

Okay... I promised that I'd show you a Valentine project before the weekend, so I'm here to deliver.  Not that you'd have time to complete this one before the holiday.  It's super time consuming, but keep it in mind for next year, because it is so worth it.  Without further ado, check out my heart felt wreath.
I found this project on Amy's blog here.  She made hers red, but I changed mine to pink to help it stand out from our red, front door a little better.  A couple tips to help your felt heart wreath project go well would be not to attempt watching Duplicity at the same time.  It has a way too complicated plot.  Also, I found it much easier to fold the felt on the edge, pin it in place, and use half of a 3" circle template to cut around.
Other people made their wreaths by marking around a circle template with a Sharpie and, then, cutting on the inside of the marker line to avoid it showing on their wreath.  Whatever works for you.  Amy's project calls for 3/4 of a yard of felt, and I used every last bit of it.  Look how cute some of the circles look all stacked up...
before finding their new home.
Oh!  And I forgot to show you this fun, felt project Ezekiel and I made last month.
He did all the cutting and, even, some of the sewing.  Look out!  This boy's got a lead foot!  We hot glued a magnet into each mitten to hold his place, in the book, and connected the two with a ribbon, that he picked out from my ever-growing stash.
There you have it!  Now, off you go to buy that felt.  It's showing up on craft tables all over the country.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I'll be papercrafting with a few of my friends, at my Stampin' Up workshop, tomorrow.  Can't wait to show you what Valentine goodness Kim has up her sleeves.

3 comments:

jen said...

Very pretty! Congrats on being a EBTKS diva! :)

Breanne said...

That was so smart to fold on the edge of the felt and use a half circle template!

**Amy** said...

Very clever cutting half circles. I never thought to do that! Would have saved me some time darn it! Love the soft pink color! Thanks so much for the link!