It's a Miracle!

Friday, February 26, 2010

My kiddos just played together, quietly and nicely, for an hour!  Holy smokes!  I got last night's dinner dishes washed, the downstairs carpets vacuumed, and two loads of laundry folded with minor interruptions.  That's a HUGE accomplishment for me!

I have a couple, little, birthday cards, for you, today.  I made, this first one, for my nephew's first birthday last week.
I started this card by stamping the lion image several times, in Really Rust ink, on Really Rust cardstock and the alligator image, in Old Olive ink, on Old Olive cardstock.  I, then, sandwiched them between two, glitter papers from My Mind's Eye's Where the Heart Is collection.  The bottom, green, polka dot, glitter paper was punched, across its bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  All the papers were stitched together with a white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch and adhered to the Tempting Turquoise, cardstock, card face.  A tip for stitching together strips of paper like this is to adhere them, just how you want them, to printer paper.  Then, after doing your stitching, you can adhere them to the card face, and no one will have to see the backside of your stitching or the messy thread ends.  I, then, stamped the "CeLeBrAte" sentiment several times, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on the card face, just above the top, glitter paper, and separated each wish with a Paper Studio gemstone.  Finally, I wrapped a Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon around the bottom of the card face, between the Old Olive cardstock and the bottom, glitter paper (Yep!  I covered my stitching, but I, also, got the look I was going for.  So, no matter!) and tied it off, against the right edge of the card face, with white string, laced with a rust-colored, Paper Studio button.

I made this second, birthday card for one of Ezekiel's friends' sixth birthday a couple of weeks ago.  Ezekiel was so excited to go, but he had a fever; and believe it or not, he didn't even ask to go.  He was feeling super rough!
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of So Saffron cardstock with a strip of Real Red cardstock, punched, along its bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  I, then, machine stitched a blue-threaded, zig-zag stitch between the two; paper pierced around the edges and rounded the top corners, with SU's Corner punch, of the So Saffron cardstock; and adhered the two to the Brocade Blue, cardstock, card face.  I, then, stamped the "party hearty!" sentiment, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, to the right side of the Real Red cardstock, just above the punched edge.  The dinosaur image was, also, stamped in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink on white cardstock; water colored with Brocade Blue ink; had his spine glittered in blue, Doodlebug Design, Sugar Coating glitter; and was adhered to the center of the prepped cardstocks with dimensionals.  I, then, gave him a little, party hat, which was colored in Real Red and So Saffron inks; stamped on white cardstock; hand cut out; and adhered, to the dinosaur's crest, with dimensionals.

I'll be back, tomorrow, to show you my new, SU goodies and another challenge.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: