Pencil Lines' Sketch 174

Friday, February 19, 2010

Since I've been showing you Valentine projects all week long, I thought that I'd finish the week, in the Valentine spirit, with a layout of last year's Valentine's Day pictures.  I used Pencil Lines' Sketch 174, provided by founder Anna Bowkis, for inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by layering a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock, punched with my new, Sale-A-Bration punch (I cannot put that thing down!), under a shortened, SU, Rock-A-Bye Girl, Simply Scrappin' Kit die-cut, on Pink Pirouette, textured cardstock.  I, then, cut the circle from heart, patterned paper, from that same Simply Scrappin' Kit, and machine stitched a hot-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitch around its edges.  After adhering the pictures, I added the "{heart}-DAY" title, with Debbie Mumm, epoxy stickers, around the top edge of the circle and embellished with origami flowers.  Jana Eubanks has great pictures of instructions for making the flowers on her Tip & Technique: Origami Flowers post.  They're so much fun!  I once entered an origami contest in grade school.  I'm going to have to see if I can't dig up my entry for you all.  I think that it's tucked away at my Mom's house someplace.  Anyway, I continued embellishing with antique, flower brads; buttons; pearls; gemstones and a gemstone flower, all from Paper Studio.  The last thing I added was journaling strips that read, Eating tasty burgers at Red Robin has become one of our Valentine's Day traditions.

And here's the completed layout...


with more of all the same embellishments, patterned paper, cardstock, stitching, punching, and epoxy stickers ("yum-o").  The journaling strips read, So has making festive sugar cookies.  Feb. 14 '09  You'll have to click on the above image to enlarge it so you can see our Love Bug cookies better.  They were too cute!  Here's a snap of our cookies from this year...
just the way I like them... super simple with frosting and sprinkles... no fuss!

I couldn't resist showing you all the cute bows that I just ordered for Adina, too.  Her bangs are getting long and, constantly, falling in her eyes.  So, I figured it was time to get a few clippies from my favorite, online, Little Clippies LLC store.  Check them out!

These first two pictures come in your choice of 38 different colors.  We chose a handful of colors to match her upcoming, spring wardrobe.
Aren't they just the cutest?!  I ordered all infant and small size bows, as well as dollar clippies, but they have lots of other styles in the medium and large sizes, too; and with a $25 purchase, you get free shipping.  Can't beat that!

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOOOVE how your flowers turned out, Jinny!!! Super cute! I had fun doing those. I definitely need to do them again! But you'll have to teach me something next time with those Grade-School Origami skills of yours! ;) Love it! :D Have a great week!