Pencil Lines' Sketch 175

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Before I get to my scrapbook page, I had to show you these yummy, yogurt parfaits we had for lunch today.
It seems to have become a tradition for us to have breakfast, for lunch, after church on Sundays, and these babies were the perfect compliment to stuffed french toast and turkey bacon.  Yum-O!  Plus, they were super easy.  I just mixed a bag of thawed, mixed berries in a container of plain yogurt and layered it with Vanilla Almond Crunch cereal.  It was a HUGE hit!
Okay, now for that page, I promised.  I used Pencil Lines' Sketch 175, provided by founder Anna Bowkis, for inspiration.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page by stamping the dots and butterflies, in More Mustard ink, all around the edges of the More Mustard, cardstock page.  I, then, tore the edges of a plaid sheet of patterned paper, from DCWV's Nana's Kitchen Stack, and adhered it to the center of the page.  A few, wide and skinny strips of mustard-colored, plaid paper, from DCWV's Nana's Nursery: Baby Girl collection, were adhered, vertically, over the torn, plaid, patterned paper and secured with machine-stitched, pink-threaded, straight stitches.  I, then, layered on the pictures and a strip of Frances Meyer, polka dot, patterned paper, which reads, You were so excited to discover that your birthday drum, also, made a fabulous stool.  11.15.09  It was secured, at either end, with two, SU, More Mustard brads.  The "DRUM FUN" title was stamped, in More Mustard ink, right on the patterned paper.  I, then, added a box flower made from two, patterned papers from DCWV's Nana's Nursery: Baby Girl collection.

There's a great tutorial for these on Cosmo Cricket's blog here.  Finally, I embellished with an American Crafts, pink button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and a couple, glitter leaves, which I stamped in Pretty in Pink ink; glittered with pink, Sugar Coating glitter from Doodlebug Design; and hand cut out.  The leaves closest to the picture were glued flat to the page face, but the other leaves were adhered with dimensionals.

I'm off to get some planning done for school, while everyone else finishes up their afternoon naps.  Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Kim Ryden said...

Those yogurt parfaits look yummy! I love that you are already using your stamp set you got from me! And I love how it just made the pattern of the paper stand out a little more cause it's now darker! That's so cool! Love it!!