PTI Day 8: "Paint" by Number Sketch Challenge

Monday, February 8, 2010

I, quick, wanted to bring one more, papercrafty project to you, today.  Plus, the deadline is 7 am tomorrow morning; and well, I don't think clearly that early, most days.  So, without further ado, here is Papertrey Ink's Day 8: "Paint" by Number Sketch Challenge.
 
Color palettes were assigned based upon the first letter of our online user name.
Because I'm a Stampin' Up girl, my color palette became white, Garden Green, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, and Really Rust.  Here's what I came up with.

I started this card by clear embossing the heart images on Garden Green cardstock, punched, along the right edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  I, then, machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch just to the left of the scallops and added tiny, Paper Studio gemstones between each scallop before adhering it to the Really Rust, sentiment, cardstock layer.  The "Thank You so much" sentiment was stamped in Really Rust ink and framed with paper pierced, white cardstock.  All cardstock layers were, then adhered to the Pumpkin Pie, cardstock, card base.  Lastly, the pretty, hot pink, glitter ribbon, which I purchased from the 50% off, Valentine racks, at Joann Fabrics, was wrapped around the card face and tied in a bow above the sentiment.  I realize that it's not quite as wide as the 1" sketch, but it just worked.

That's it for tonight, guys.  I just got back from a girls night out and am exhausted, so come back tomorrow for the fun details.

No comments: