A Sweet Post

Monday, February 1, 2010

I, totally, forgot to show you how my doughnuts turned out on Friday.
 
I don't, yet, have a doughnut mold, so I used a mini muffin pan, like the recipe said I could do.  My family loved them, and because they have both sweet potato and pumpkin in them, thanks to Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious cookbook found here...
 
I don't feel the least bit bad about having them around.  Yum!  Yum!

I never have got around to showing you all my birthday thank yous, either.  The gift givers have had more than enough time to receive them, so it's time to show them off.
I started these cards by joining the heart and vine, patterned paper, from Paper Studio, with the grey, patterned paper, punched, across the top edge, with SU's Scallop punch, from K&Company's Recycled Night Blacks 4x6 Double-Sided Mat Pad.  I, then, machine stitched a pink-threaded, zig-zag stitch between the two and adhered them to the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face.  The "Thanks!" sentiment was stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, on white cardstock; cut out; enhanced with silver, K&Company, glitter powder; and adhered, against the right edge of the card, half over the bottom of the heart and vine, patterned paper and half over the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face.  I, then, adhered, with mini glue dots, a large, white button, from Jesse James and Co.'s Grandma's Grab Bag, to overhang the left edge of the sentiment piece.  The card was dressed up with a grey, Hobby Lobby, ribbon purchase, tied in a bow, and the button with a couple, Paper Studio gemstones.  Finally, I rounded the bottom, two corners, with SU's Corner punch, and brushed the edges of the lower portion of the card face, below the patterned papers, with Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, to soften them.

Speaking of my birthday... Look how gorgeous my birthday Cycleman still is, today!
  
I'm sure enjoying it, and as I was looking at all my thoughtful, birthday cards...
 
it occurred to me that many of you crafty people would just love to get a closer look at how I made my card wreath.
  
It's made with just a little wood glue, clothespins, and a wood embroidery hoop.  Super easy!  I simply glued the clothespins back and forth and left it in its raw wood state.  You could, easily, paint it; dress it up with ribbons; or, even, cover the clothespins, with cardstock, like Michelle Wooderson likes to do.  Go here to see a cute, Valentine example of what I mean.  Mine stays up all year round and boasts everything from birthday cards to thank yous to Christmas letters.  It sure beats tucking them (or throwing them) away the minute they've been opened.

Have a fabulous week!

No comments: