TGIF!

Friday, February 5, 2010

It's been a long week.  I've got to tell you, that I've been looking forward to the end of it since Monday.  Ezekiel has been a handful and a half (Although, he did get his schoolwork done before lunch, today, and with a smile on his face, to boot!  It's a miracle!); BJ has had a super long work week; and Adina's sick with a fever, not to mention, that she got stuck in her drum on Wednesday.

Okay... I feel the need to explain.  She likes to use her drum as a stool to sit up to the toy shelf.  She reads books, plays tea party, bangs away with her hammer, or just hangs out there singing.  Anyway, she went to sit down, on this day, and the lid wasn't closed tight.  It slipped right off the drum, flew about a foot from the drum itself (You can see it in the bottom right of the picture.), and her buns slipped right in.  Poor baby!  She was not happy!

All that's to say that BJ, totally, made my day by showing up at the door, for lunch, with a Starbucks' Vanilla Latte and this gorgeous bouquet.

The lady behind the counter asked what he did wrong.  Hee!  Hee!  Nothing!  That's the best part!  He did it, just because.  Now, I've never been a big flower person; although, daisies are my favorites.  I'd much rather have something that I can scrapbook, like the hand written notes my hubby is famous for scribbling on notebook paper; but today, this meant a lot!  Thanks, Baby!

Oh!  And he's ours for the rest of the weekend.  No more work!  Hurray!

So, I want to show you a couple, more projects, that I've completed this week.  The first one is the floor pillows for my parents' re-purposed, little barn.  You can read a little more about their barn in My Birthday post.  One day, I'll have to show pictures.  It's really cool!
Anyway, I made Mom's pillows from the material she picked out on our trip to JoAnn's.  They're 24" square, and I'm feeling like a pair, just like them, would be perfect for extra seating in our, tiny, living room space.

The second, little project was made for my sister.  It's this, fun Chocolate Survival Kit I found the idea for here on Jana Eubank's blog.  She's a genius, I tell you!
All that fabulous, glitter, patterned paper comes from My Mind's Eye's Where the Heart Is collection.  I just cannot get enough of that stuff!  I, so, wish you could see the shine better in this photograph!  You'll, also, find Old Olive and Certainly Celery cardstock; Paper Studio gemstones and buttons, laced with white string; and SU, Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon.  The partial, "CHOCOLATE" title was cut with my Mickey Font Cricut cartridge, and the completed, "Survival Kit" title was cut with my Cursive 101 Cricut cartridge.  The "hugs & kisses" sentiment was stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, on white cardstock.

I kept the inside pretty uneventful with a few, more, patterned papers, from that same collection; a Certainly Celery, cardstock frame; and a simple, but oh so comforting, scripture.
And check out all this chocolaty goodness!
You've got to get a closer look :)!
So fun!  Now, go enjoy your weekend, bloggers!

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOVE it!!!! The My Mind's Eye glitter papers are perfect here (I can't get enough of them either! ;) ) Love the story about your little one. LOL! And I love that you captured it on camera. :) And flowers?!!! That man is a keeper! Those are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!