Tuesday Trigger: Patchwork Hearts for Your Sweetie

Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's been a busy week in my loft.  I've got so much to show you, but don't worry!  I won't, thoroughly, bore you with all of my projects by showing them, to you, all at once.  Today, I want to show you a card, that I made for my sister's anniversary, inspired by this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Patchwork Hearts for Your Sweetie.

Here's what I came up with.

I just love all the bright colors this card boasts!  All the patterned papers, used for the hearts and cut with my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge, are from a K&Company, scrap kit.  I started this card by machine stitching the hot pink, turquoise, and bright-green-threaded, messy, wavy stitches in a frame around the edges of the white cardstock.  I, then, adhered it to the Pink Passion, cardstock, card face and arranged and adhered the six, patterned, paper hearts inside the stitched frame.  Just for a little cuteness factor, I added a hot pink, fringed, Hobby Lobby bow, embellished with a Paper Studio button, to the center of the top, right heart.  Paper Studio gemstones, added to each button hole, gave this card the perfect finishing touch.

I just loved how this card turned out so much, that I thought, maybe, someone else would to.  So, I created five more, just in time for Valentine's Day...
packaged them in a clear, cellophane bag, with matching tag and ribbon; and will list them in my Etsy shop Lofty Designs, just as soon as I finish this post.
 
The tag was cut, from white cardstock, with my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge.  I, then, machine stitched the hot pink, turquoise, and bright-green-threaded, messy, wavy stitches across the bottom.  A couple, leftover, patterned paper hearts were adhered above the stitches; and the top heart was dressed up with a Paper Studio button, embellished with Paper Studio gemstones.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  It means more to me than I'll ever be able to express, to you all, in writing.  Have a spectacular Thursday!

5 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Stunning! I love the bright colors :)
Laura

Linda Beeson said...

This is cute but the way you added that bow in one heart is just adorable!

Lisa said...

These are so beautiful! I love the bright colors. Great job on the trigger!

Barbara said...

These are so pretty ! :-)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)