Two, New, Lofty Designs Listings

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So, I had an extra, birthday thank you, as described in yesterday's A Sweet Post post, and thought that I'd list it in my Etsy shop Lofty Designs.  I put it with four, other, handmade, by me, thank yous, from my stash, to create this listing.
As I said before, you can get all the details for this first card here.
This second card was leftover from my baby shower for Adina.
I started this card by hand trimming the wave across the bottom of the Pretty in Pink cardstock, as well as a slightly smaller version of the same across the bottom of the Old Olive cardstock.  Before they were adhered to the white, cardstock, card face, the card face was stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, across the bottom, with polka dots; and a pink, taffeta, SU ribbon was wrapped around the trimmed, Old Olive cardstock and tied in a knot.  The baby images were stamped, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on a white cardstock strip; water colored in shades of Pretty in Pink and Blush Blossom; and adhered on the hand trimmed, Old Olive cardstock, just above the hand cut wave.  For dimension, one image was covered by another stamped; raised, with a dimensional; and water colored baby.  Finally, the "thanks so much" sentiment was stamped, below the baby strip and above the wave, in Old Olive ink, on the left side of the Old Olive cardstock.

This third card was leftover from my Christmas thank yous in years past.
I started this card by layering a piece of polka dot, patterned paper, from my stash, across the top of the green, cardstock, card face.  I, then, paper pierced a row of dots below it and wrapped a matching, green, trimmed ribbon around the top of it.  The ribbon was threaded with the sentiment tag and tied in a knot to the left side of the card face.  The "THANK YOU" sentiment was clear embossed on the yellow cardstock, punched out with SU's Hand Held Tag punch, and prepped for the ribbon with SU's Slot punch.  To create the image, I colored the tree with Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, and Summer Sun, water color crayons; added a bit of water, right to the stamp surface and over the coloring, with my Aqua Painters; and stamped it to a square of white cardstock.  I, then, framed it with messy, red-threaded, straight stitches and red cardstock and adhered it to the right side of the polka dot, patterned paper, just below the ribbon.

I have another, set of five, pink cards, similar to this fourth card, already, listed in Lofty Designs.
I started this card by clear embossing the "THANK YOU: Gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder." sentiment on a piece of Old Olive cardstock; trimming the bottom of it with a strip of white cardstock, punched, across the bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch; and adhering it near the bottom of the Taken With Teal, cardstock, card face.  I, then, colored the flowers with Taken With Teal, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive, Stampin' Write markers; stamped them on white cardstock; punched them out with SU's Scallop Square punch; gave them a hint of shine with my Gelly Roll pen; and adhered them, in a row, above the sentiment piece, with dimensionals.  The teal and turquoise, striped ribbon, tied in a bow, gave this card the perfect finishing touch.

All the details for how to make this final card, in my set of five, can be found here.
All five cards were, then, packaged, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag and topped off with a content-coordinating tag and So Saffron ribbon.
The tag is dressed up with patterned paper from Basic Grey's Oh Baby! Boy collection.  The patterned paper was punched, across the bottom, with SU's Scallop punch; adhered to the Brocade Blue tag, which was cut from my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge; and machine stitched, across the top, with a white-threaded, zig-zag stitch.  I, then, stamped, in Brocade Blue ink, the "ever grateful" sentiment across the bottom of the tag.  The star was cut, from So Saffron cardstock, also, with my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge.  It was, then, glittered with Doodlebug Design's yellow, Sugar Coating glitter; embellished with a blue button from Jesse Jame's and Co.'s Grandma's Grab Bag and laced with white string, tied in a bow; and adhered to the patterned paper, overhanging the right side of the tag.

I came across so many thank you cards, while I was digging through all my stash, that I decided to list another, variety set, of five, in my shop.
This second set includes two of the same cards from the first listing...

and a third, that you can find all the details for here.
The fourth card, in this listing, was one of the thank yous from Ezekiel's fourth, birthday party.
I started this card by stamping, in Chocolate Chip ink, the "Thanks!" sentiment over and over, again, in rows, to cover the entire, brown, cardstock, card face and tore and roughed up the front, bottom edge.  I, then, stamped the Mickey image, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on a square piece of white cardstock; colored him with colored pencils; and adhered him to a piece of bright yellow cardstock, folded over.  He was, then, framed with messy, red-threaded, straight, machine stitches and embellished with a stamped, in Real Red ink, and hand cut, photo corner with a staple run through.  The piece of bright yellow cardstock that wasn't included in the fold was punched with SU's Hand Held Slot punch and laced with a sheer, red ribbon.  The image was, then, finally, adhered to the center of the card face.

The fifth and final card, in this listing, was a duplicate of one that I made for, I believe, my mom, just because I had the goodies to do so.
I started this card by stamping the window, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock; water coloring it in shades of So Saffron, Old Olive, and Bordering Blue inks; stamping the "so thankful for you" sentiment, in Elegant Eggplant ink, above it; rounding the top corners with SU's Corner punch; and adhering it to a Old Olive, cardstock frame, also, with its top corners rounded.  I, then, stamped the flowers and vases image, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, on white cardstock; water colored it in shades of Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Old Olive; glittered the flowers; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with dimensionals, to rest on the window sill.  A green, Paper Studio button, laced with hemp twine, embellished the window frame and was the final preparation for adhering it to the green, floral, patterned paper from SU.  The patterned paper was, then, trimmed, along the left side, with a strip of Elegant Eggplant cardstock, punched, along its left side, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch; wrapped with skinny, white and olive ribbons, vertically, between the patterned paper and Elegant Eggplant cardstock connection, tied in a knot; and adhered to the white, cardstock, card base with dimensionals.  For the finishing touch, I tied a bow, around the ribbon knot, with a piece of hemp twine.

These five cards were, then, packaged, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag and topped off with a content-coordinating tag and matching, striped, Hobby Lobby ribbon.
This tag was made the same as the one above, but with Pretty in Pink cardstock; pink, Sugar Coating glitter from Doodlebug Design; and patterned paper and a button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, both from my stash.  It boasts the same, "ever grateful" sentiment, stamped in Pretty in Pink ink; George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge cutting; stitching; and punching.

There you have it!  I hope that you've come here, today; found yourself inspired; and will, promptly and enthusiastically :), tell everyone you know about Lofty Designs.  Thanks from the deepest depths of my heart.

No comments: