Color Cue {1} Challenge

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's strangely quiet around here.  Adina and I slept in until nearly 8 am!  What a wonderful Spring Break :)!  We've just been hanging out, playing, and willing away the chilly air and storm clouds.

I've got Dawn's Color Cue {1} Challenge, for you, today.
Here's what I came up with.
I made this card with my nephew, Grant, in mind and started by stamping that cute, robot image, over and over, in rows, in Real Red and Tempting Turquoise inks, on white cardstock.  I, then, stamped another, in Jet Black ink, on a separate piece of white cardstock; water colored him in shades of Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Creamy Caramel; hand cut him out; and adhered him, with dimensionals, over one of the red images, which you can, slightly, see in the background.  It makes a fabulous shadow!  The red-threaded, straight, machine stitch frames all the stamping; and the "Dude, YOU ROCK!" sentiment, stamped in Jet Black ink, in the lower, right corner, clearly, announces this card is for a boy :).  The prepped white cardstock was, then, adhered to the Kraft cardstock.  A red, double stitched ribbon, tied in a knot, completes the look.

Before I take off, to take advantage of the stillness from Adina's nap to, actually, get something accomplished, I wanted to give you a little, sneak peak of the fabric, that I picked out, this weekend, for Adina's Easter dress.
So fun... Right?!  I cannot wait to get started!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Toy Box (SU); Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: white (Georgia Pacific); Kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, & Creamy Caramel (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: red thread & sewing machine; ribbon (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals

2 comments:

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Oh my! I love that robot card! Tooo cute! Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, it always makes my day!

Karen B. said...

This card is so much fun, and perfect for a boy! I can just see all these robots lined up in real life. Congrats on the shout out at Color Cue yesterday, its well deserved. And with your Shabby Tea Room Top three, you are really on fire!