EBTKS Challenge 10: Fabric

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've got Everything But the Kitchen Sink's Challenge 10: Fabric, for you, today.

When I saw this challenge, I thought, "That's right up my alley!" and went right to work.  I used Melissa's photo challenge, from last week, for inspiration.
I love this photograph!  It just shouts springtime and is, absolutely, gorgeous!  Plus, it's not my usual color combo; so, it was so much fun!  Here's what I came up with.
I started by cutting all those 1" fabric squares with my rotary cutter.  The peach/orange ones were leftover from all Adina's baby bedding, and the purple ones were leftover from a couple pair of scrubs, that I made for my sister.  So, all of them were, already, in my scrap, fabric bins.  Yea!  I, then, adhered them to a piece of white cardstock, trimmed, across the bottom, with a strip of Pumpkin Pie cardstock, punched, along its bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  It was, then, adhered to the Lovely Lilac, cardstock, card face; blinged up, between the punched scallops, with tiny, Paper Studio gemstones; and dressed, above, with an orange, Hobby Lobby ribbon, which was wrapped around the card face and tied in a bow.  The edges of the card face were brushed in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, for a little bit of an aged look; and a purple, Paper Studio button was laced with white string and adhered to the bow's center with mini glue dots.  Finally, I stamped the "to wonderful you from thankful me" sentiment, in Lovely Lilac ink, on white cardstock and adhered it to the card face, tucked under the bow, with dimensionals.

I, really, loved the way this card turned out; and I had all the supplies, that I needed, to duplicate it.  So, I did so...
and packaged them up in a cellophane bag...
complete with envelopes, matching tag, and bow, to list in my Etsy shop Lofty Designs.
I used all the same materials and techniques for the tag and my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to cut out the tag base, and I'll have it listed, just as soon as I finish this post.

This pretty, little, card set isn't the only bit of springtime we've been having around here.  The weather has been gorgeous, and Adina and I have sure been enjoying it!  It was still a little chilly yesterday, despite the sunshine...
but today, we ditched our winter coats, mittens, and hats for our jackets.

Ezekiel has, recently, been spending a lot more time getting his seatwork done.  Maybe he's daydreaming of being outdoors in the sunshine, or maybe he's just being Ezekiel.  Either way, he's being super stubborn; and if we waited on him to enjoy it, we may never leave the house!  Thus, the cute photographs, minus one.

I hope the weather where you are is just as beautiful, and if not, I hope that you'll find time to get out and enjoy it anyway!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  It really does mean so much to me!

3 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

Wonderful layout and great thinking on duplicating! If you have everything you need why not hey? Adina is adorable.

Winter said...

These are so pretty! I LOVE the colors! And what a sweet little girl! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is so fun! I love the way you did this!