EBTKS Sketch Challenge 11

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I hope that you're all having a wonderful day!  The sun is, finally, shinning in our neck of the woods, and the temperatures have climbed into the 60's.  It's gorgeous!  We've planned to take a little walk to the library, when the kiddos get up from their nap/rest times.

I combined it with Melissa's Grasshopper Pie and Pink Photo Challenge, for this week...

and came up with this.
I started this card by stamping the clear cardstock, in Moonlight White ink, with butterflies and dots.  I, then, adhered it to a piece of Green Gable cardstock, just across the bottom and lower sides.  I knew it would be covered by the smaller piece of Green Galore cardstock, punched, across the top, with SU's Scallop punch and stamped, in the bottom, right corner, in Green Galore ink, with the "Spread you wings and Fly" sentiment.  I, then, machine stitched a hot-pink-threaded, straight, stitch frame, through all thicknesses, before adhering them to the Pixie Pink, cardstock, card face and wrapped a sheer, white, polka dot ribbon around the card face, over the punched cardstock and above the sentiment, and tied it in a bow, just to the left of the sentiment.  I, then, stamped the larger butterflies (3) in Green Galore ink and the smaller butterflies (6) in Pixie Pink ink, both on white cardstock; glittered them in green and pink, respectively, Sugar Coating glitter; hand cut them out; pieced them together for dimension; and adhered them to the clear cardstock with mini glue dots.
I first saw this idea, during last month's countdown-to-release party, on Betsy Veldman's blog here and just knew that I had to try it out.  She used PTI's new, butterfly die-cut, which, totally, would've made the cutting easier, but I made do and thought they turned out just beautiful!

Yesterday, Adina and I went to my parents' house to pick up Ezekiel and enjoy the day with them.  My nephew, Grant, was still hanging out there; so, the boys had fun riding bikes and chasing one another outside, and when they got too cold, everyone had fun playing cars inside.
Oh!  And remember that "project" the boys were working on with Grandpa?  Well, here it is.
They had so much fun using Grandpa's tools and picking out just the right colors of paint for their bird houses.

I, also, couldn't help showing you this cute picture I snapped of Adina, just after she, accidentally, spilled her Cheerios all over the floor.
Oops!  She had plenty of help cleaning them up, though.
Thanks, Grandma!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI); Beyond the Basics (SU) Paper: Pixie Pink, Green Gable, & Green Galore (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); clear (PTI) Ink: Pixie Pink & Green Galore (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: ribbon (PTI); Scallop punch (SU); green & pink glitter (Doodlebug Designs); hot pink thread & sewing machine

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I wish you had the Google friends connect so I can see your updates on my dashboard. This is so cute! Love the colors! Cute kiddos!!! Love the lil birdhouse they did, so sweet!

Noor Nahdi said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!!

Lynnette said...

Love your piccies. What cute kiddos. And your card is amazing!

Melissa said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! I just love this....the glitter adds just the perfect finishing touch...wonderful interpretation of the photo challenge.
Melis

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the glittery butterflies! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

Oooooo....I LOVE those glittery layered butterflies and the stamping on the clear cardstock!! GORGEOUS! And your kiddos are super cute!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow so love how you did those butterflies! Thanks for playing!

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Oh that is a beautiful card!