Embellish's Fabric Color Challenge

Friday, March 19, 2010

It's another gorgeous day outside, and I'm stuck inside doing laundry.  Actually, Adina's down for her morning nap.  She's been a little crabby over the last couple of days.  I think another pair of teeth are trying to make an appearance.  So, I'm inside, anyway, and there's plenty of laundry to do.  We'll take advantage of the weather, after she gets some much-needed rest and before the weatherman's predicted snowfall arrives tomorrow.  Crazy!

I've got Embellish's Fabric Color Challenge, for you, today.

Here's what I came up with.
I began this card with the fabric embellishment.  First, I stitched the green, striped ribbon down the center of a strip of red, scrap fabric.  I, then, stitched it in a folded ruffle and embellished the center with a fabric flower.  The flower is made from three, gradually decreasing in size, fabric circles.  They were stitched together by hand in order to get a few of the folds for dimension.  I, then, sewed a Pure Poppy button to its center and stitched it to the center of the fabric ruffle.  Before adhering the fabric embellishment to the kraft-colored, cardstock, card base, I stamped the base, in Always Artichoke ink, with butterflies.  I, then, tucked a strip of Ballet Blue cardstock, punched, along its bottom side, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch, under the fabric's lower edge and embellished, between the scallops, with pearls.

The "I Love You SO MUCH" sentiment was stamped, in Always Artichoke ink, on Always Artichoke cardstock, which had its right corners, top and bottom, rounded.  It was adhered to the card face, tucked under the top of the fabric flower, with dimensionals.  The last little detail I did, to complete the card, was rounding the top corners of the card face.

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the web!  Have a fabulous weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams & Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: Always Artichoke & Blue Ballet (SU); kraft (Best Occasions) Ink: Always Artichoke (SU) Other: pearls (Paper Studio); fabric; thread & sewing machine; Pure Poppy button & ribbon (PTI); Corner & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punches (SU); dimensionals

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love this one!! So cute!!! :D I think you have a winner! If you need help adding the Google Friends connect lemme know. Just go to your layout and add a gadget and it should be in the list! :) Have a FAB Friday and enjoy your weekend xx

Karen B. said...

Love love love the pleated fabric. I am amazed what you've been able to do with fabric, wow! This card reminds me of a perfect country day, and that brings back such good memories.

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty! Love the fabric and ribbon ruffle combo, so glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge!

travelingmama said...

Oh the joys of those little teethies! Hope they come in quickly! Love your card too! Those butterflies are so cute!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Jinny, all the details on this card are wonderful. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us!