It's Here!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oooo!  Look what came in the mail today!  Eeeek!
Yep!  That's my $100 in chosen, Papertrey Ink product for winning PTI's Day 8: "Paint" by Number Sketch Challenge during last month's countdown-to-release party.  Hurray!  I got Niki Estes' Butterfly Dreams...
Dawn McVey's Signature Greetings...
and Giga Guide Lines...
stamp sets, Sheer White Polka Dot ribbon, Smokey Green Stripes ribbon, Dark Chocolate Classic Grosgrain ribbon, Enchanted Evening Saddle Stitch ribbon, Plum Pudding Saddle Stitch ribbon (Can you tell I LOVE ribbon yet?!), Pure Poppy buttons (Do you know how hard it is to find red buttons locally?!), clear cardstock, and Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo.  I cannot wait to get started using my new goodies!  Thanks again, PTI!

So, a couple Fridays ago, we had Scrapbook Club, again, with Kim; and I wanted to show you the layout she cooked up for us to make.

At club, we adhered the Basic Grey and Pretty in Pink cardstock to the Real Red, cardstock pages.  We, then, layered a strip of Designer Series Paper between the two and grounded it, on either end, with silver brads.  The final step we did at club was hand drawing a Basic Black, pen frame around the outsides of the layout.
When I got it home, the first thing I did was add red-threaded, straight stitching, around the Basic Grey and Pretty in Pink cardstocks, throughout the layout.  Then, besides adding all the pretty pictures of my baby girl, I stamped the "BABY GIRL: Sugar & spice & everything nice." title, in Jet Black, StazOn, solvent ink, in line with the top and just to the left of the Pretty in Pink cardstock, and wrapped a grey ribbon around the pages, just below the title.  I, then, formed a bow, to the left of the title, over the ribbon, and embellished it with a little flower I made from the last little bit of leftover knee-highs I still had from the making of Adina's babylegs.  Check out my Happy Valentine's Day... post to read more about her outfit.
A shiny, grey button, from my stash, was stitched through all layers of the flowers.  For specific details on the making of my fabric bow, check out my Happy Birthday, Kim! post.
I used the space, on the Pretty in Pink cardstock, to the right of Adina's picture, on this page, for a little journaling... I just LOVE to make you sweet, girly things to wear.  This tutu paired with the striped babylegs were perfect for Valentine's Day!  We stamped the heart found in the journaling, in Real Red ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, at club.  I, then, hand cut it out and adhered it with dimensionals.  Actually, we stamped all these cute hearts...
but I only ended up using that one.  I tucked the others away for another, future project.

One more day of school before Spring Break!  Yippee!  We're all looking forward to it!  Ezekiel's come a long way in first grade, this year, and he deserves a break.  Have a great Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps:  Word on Word & I {Heart} Hearts (SU) Paper: Real Red, Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, & Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (SU) Ink: Real Red (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: red thread & sewing machine; silver brads (SU); grey ribbon (Hobby Lobby); striped, knee-high fabric (JoAnn Fabrics); grey button; dimensionals

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I LOVE the flower!