PTI March DT Challenge: Spring Is in the Air

Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little more springtime is coming your way today.  I used Nichole Heady's March DT Challenge: Spring Is in the Air as inspiration.  Of all the gorgeous, Papertrey Ink, Design Team member, color palettes, I chose to use Nichole's.
My SU palette became Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, and Summer Sun.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by hand cutting the hills out of glitter paper from My Mind's Eye Where the Heart Is collection and using my Fiskars circle template to cut the sun from Summer Sun cardstock.  I, then, stamped little flower images all over the sun and adhered it and the hills to the Barely Banana, cardstock, card base.  A gold-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch secured them in place and gave the whole card a kind of quilted look.  I, then, stamped the branch in Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip ink and the bird in Cameo Coral ink, both on white cardstock.  A little, green, Doodlebug Design, Sugar Coating glitter gave the leaves the same shimmer as the hills; and tiny, Paper Studio gemstones, placed in the center of each of the flowers, on the sun, as well as in the bird's eye, continued the cohesion.  The branch was adhered flat to the Barely Banana cardstock and the bird was popped up with dimensionals.  (I drew in his legs with Chocolate Chip ink.)  The Barely Banana cardstock was, now, ready for the Cameo Coral, cardstock, card face.  The edges of everything were, then, brushed with Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink; and the Certainly Celery, grosgrain ribbon was wrapped around the right side of the card face and tied in a bow, just below the bird.  A light yellow, Paper Studio button, laced with white string, tied in a bow, and an "a note for you" stamped, in Summer Sun ink, on white cardstock, sentiment complete the look.

Again, I've got even more springtime, for you, today.  My kiddos and I took off to the park, after lunch, to feed the ducks.  The setting created the perfect photo-op for this wanna-be-photographer Mommy!



Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

This is adorable! LOVE the little birdie and the Just a Note! LOVE the pics of your kids feeding the ducks! I used to LOVE those days!

Karen C said...

The bird is too cute!! Such a great card!!!

Lea L. said...

Such a sweet card! I love the jeweled sun! Great job with the PTI Spring color challenge!

♥Lea

shelly said...

Love the spring feeling of your card. So cheerful.