Monday Mojo

Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm coming to you all late, again, tonight.  It has been a super, fun day!  It started out with a lot of cleaning up from everyone being cooped up, from all the rain, this weekend; but somewhere in the middle, we got a visit from my Mom and nephew.  They stayed for lunch and some of the afternoon.  Then, they took off, with Ezekiel, for a little Spring Break at Grandma's.  Ezekiel was so excited!  He's looking forward to looking for deer around the pond and a "project" with Grandpa in the morning.  They won't tell what it is :).

After they left, I sat down to watch a little television with Adina.  Gasp!  Television in the middle of the day?  Unheard of!  Then, when BJ got home from work, he, Adina, and I took a little trip to Sam's Club, for diapers, and had ice-cream, at Coldstone, for dinner.  Gasp, again!  Well, it was Blueberry Muffin ice-cream, so maybe there was a little nutrition in there somewhere.  Hee!

Anyway, I didn't want to leave all you bloggers, coming here for inspiration, hanging.  So, I've got a beautiful card, for you, that I made with some of my new PTI goodies.
I started this card by machine stitching, with a cream-threaded, zig-zag stitch, the three, coordinating, patterned papers, in the back, and adhering them to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card base.  I, then, set it aside to work on the front piece.  I stamped the images, in Rose Red ink, on cream cardstock; stamped the "THANK you" sentiment, over the top, in Chocolate Chip ink; flanked it with pearls; and rounded the top corners.  The edges were distressed with PTI's Vintage Touch Tea Dye, Chamomile block.  I, then, trimmed the bottom with a strip of Rose Red cardstock, punched, across its bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch and secured with a cream-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch.  Below the punched cardstock, I adhered a sheer, cream ribbon, which had been machine stitched and gathered to form the ruffle.  The whole front piece was, then, adhered, with dimensionals, over the patterned paper, to the lower half of the card face.

I just love the elegance of this card!  It was made for a dear friend of mine, who, completely, blessed me, last week, by unloading her stash of Stampin' Up stamp sets into mine.  She's pairing down and getting ready to hit the mission field, with her family, this fall.  She wouldn't let me pay her for the sets, but I, still, wanted to do a little something for her.  So, I duplicated her thank you five times over...
and packaged them up for her to use for her own pleasure.
Thanks so much, Tammy!  You're the best!  Have a fabulous week, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guide Lines (PTI) Paper: Chocolate Chip & Rose Red (SU); cream (Best Occasions); patterned paper (?) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Rose Red (SU); Chamomile (PTI) Other: pearls (Paper Studio); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); cream thread & sewing machine; 2010 Sale-A-Bration & Corner punches (SU); dimensionals

No comments: