Olympics of Stamping Challenge

Monday, March 8, 2010

It has been a tough Monday for Ezekiel, which, in turn, makes it a tough day for us all.  It's super difficult to pull out of the slump that I've found myself in and, even more challenging, to finish the school year on a high note, which I was so hoping for.  We're all more than ready for Spring Break next week!

I want to take a little time, today, to post my cards for Moxie Fab World's Olympics of Stamping Challenge.  Cath has challenged us to create mostly-stamped cards in five, different categories... birthday, thank you, season's greetings, hello/thinking of you, and love.  Without further ado, let's get started.  Be sure to keep in mind that none of my entries use patterned paper. 

So, remember my PTI March DT Challenge: Spring Is in the Air post?  Well, I loved that card so much, and it was almost completely stamped.  So, I decided to recreate it, with just a few changes, for my birthday entry.
You can click on the link above for all the specific details, for this card, on my original post, but I do want to talk a little about my changes.  I swapped the Barely Banana background out for Almost Amethyst.  I love the way it looks like the sun is setting in the late evening and turning the sky a gorgeous shade of purple.  I, also, stamped, on Certainly Celery cardstock, and glittered, with green glitter from K&Company, the polka dots on my hills.  A little, white glitter, from K&Company, details the centers of the stamped flowers on the sun and the bird's eye; and a purple, Paper Studio button (which, by the way, doesn't look that purple in real life!) embellishes the ribbon.  The final changes I made were making the "happy bird-day to you!" sentiment appear as though the bird were saying it himself and popping it off the card face with dimensionals.
This next card satisfies my thank you entry and was inspired by this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: Sweet on Spring.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping butterflies and dots, in Barely Banana ink, across a piece of Barely Banana cardstock, punched, along the bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  I, then, used a gelly roll pen to glitter up all the dots by hand.  The "{Just had to write to say} thank you" sentiment was stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on white cardstock and adhered to the stamped, Barely Banana cardstock, overlapping the right side to line up with the card base.  I, then, machine stitched a white-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of the Barely Banana cardstock, crossing over the sentiment cardstock, and adhered it to the Tempting Turquoise, cardstock, card face.  Each of the fan flowers were stamped, in Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, with (clockwise, beginning at the turquoise flower) a medallion; a large flower with dotted, circular center; and a tiny, pixie flower on light-weight (for ease of folding), one-sided, solid-colored paper from C.R. Gibson.  I, then, punched one, long edge with SU's Scallop punch and used the space between each scallop as a guide to create a fan fold.  The loose ends were, then, adhered together.  I used mini glue dots to hold the centers together, just until the Tombo, Mono, multi, liquid glue, on a punched circle adhered to the back, dried.  They were, then, adhered, above the sentiment, to the Barely Banana cardstock; dressed up with coral, laced with white string, tied in a bow; turquoise; and yellow, laced with white string, Paper Studio buttons; and given hand cut leaves, which were stamped, in Green Galore ink, on white cardstock.
I created this next card for my season's greetings entry.  Boy!  That was strange to make with spring being on the horizon :)!  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by stamping the wreath, in Certainly Celery ink, on a piece of white cardstock, with its top and bottom, right corners rounded by SU's Corner punch and trimmed, down its left side, with a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock, punch, down its left side, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch.  I, then, added a little swirly detailing, to the wreath, with Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink.
The berries were stamped in Pretty in Pink ink and glittered with pink, Sugar Coating glitter from Doodlebug Design.  A few, skinny, Hobby Lobby purchased ribbons, tied in a bow, and Paper Studio pearls complete the wreath.  I, then, machine stitched a pink-threaded, zig-zag stitch between the white cardstock and the punched, Pretty in Pink cardstock and dressed up the scallops with a few, more, Paper Studio pearls.  Finally, the "a very merry Christmas to you" sentiment was stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, in the bottom, right corner of the white cardstock, before being adhered to the Certainly Celery, cardstock, card base, which had, also, had its top and bottom, right corners punched with SU's Corner punch.

This next card was made for my hello/thinking of you entry.
I started this card by coloring the tree image in Chocolate Chip and Old Olive inks and stamping it on a piece of white cardstock.  The "Thinking of You..." sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, to the right side of the tree, on the same piece of white cardstock.  I, then, adhered it to a piece of Old Olive cardstock, punched, along its bottom edge, with Martha Stewart's Doily Lace Edger punch.  A few paper pierced dots, in the upper left and bottom right corners, frame the tree image and sentiment perfectly.  They were, then, adhered to the Rose Red, cardstock, card base and dressed up with a rose-colored, trimmed, Hobby Lobby ribbon, tied in a bow, over the Old Olive cardstock and above the punching detail.  The last, little, detail was a stamped, in Rose Red ink, and hand cut heart, adhered in the tree, with dimensionals, and glammed up with a Paper Studio gemstone.

My last entry is for the love category and was inspired by Melissa's Color Me Pink and Blue Photo Challenge for this week.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by two-step stamping, in Pretty in Pink and Pink Passion inks, the rose images on a piece of white cardstock.  I, then, two-step stamped, in Old Olive and Garden Green inks, the leaves, as well.  It was, then, adhered to a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock and framed with a hot-pink-threaded, straight, machine stitch, before being adhered to the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face.  A strip of Barely Banana cardstock was clear embossed with polka dots; trimmed, across the top and bottom edges, with the same, hot-pink-threaded, straight, machine stitch; and adhered over the top portion of the stamped, white cardstock.  I, then, used my George and Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge to cut an oval from white cardstock; fancied it up with a Tempting Turquoise stamped frame; stamped the "i love you" sentiment, in Pink Passion ink, in its center; and adhered it to the center, and overlapping the top edge of, the embossed, Barely Banana cardstock.  It was, then, dressed up with a couple, pink, Paper Studio buttons, glimmered with Paper Studio gemstones and flanked with two-step, stamped, in Old Olive and Garden Green inks, and hand cut leaves.  Finally, I brushed the edges of everything, with Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, for a distressed look.

There you have it!  I hope you've been inspired to create and have a wonderful week!  Before you go, wish me luck :)!  Thanks so much!

4 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

gorgeous cards!

Lynette said...

THanks for the tip on the stitched ribbon...i never even thought about that! I used regular ribbon for the first one and just did the same for the second. Thanks for the tip!! You're blog is super cute!

Lynette
getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Melissa said...

All of your cards are wonderful...I love, love, love the card for my photo challenge...so many charming details. Thank you for playing along.
Melis