Pencil Lines' Sketch 176

Friday, March 5, 2010

Hey, guys!  I'm coming to you late tonight.  It's been a super long and crazy busy day, but I wanted to show you my take on Pencil Lines' Sketch 176, provided by Anna Bowkis.
Here's what I came up with.

Isn't this page so gorgeously girly?!  I started by white embossing the roses and rose buds across the bottom of the Rose Red, cardstock page.  I, then, layered, above them, a strip of Taken With Teal cardstock, punched, across the top and bottom edges, with SU's Scallop punch.  A little hand detailing, among the scallops, with my uni-ball, Signo, white, gel pen added a fun, little detail; and a few scraps of fabric, leftover from the making of a baby quilt for a friend and machine stitched, around the edges, with a hot-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitch, give this page so much life.  I, then, stamped the butterflies, in Taken With Teal ink, on white cardstock; glittered them with turquoise, Sugar Coating glitter from Doodlebug Design; hand cut them out; and adhered them, just at their centers, with their wings bent up for dimension, to rest on the flowers and near Adina's funny photograph.  The partial "silly" title was created with alphabet, bubble stickers from JoAnn Craft Essentials; and the completed "girl" title was made from Remarks, letter stickers from American Crafts.  A little 10.31.09 date, above the picture, and distressing, around the page edges, with Moonlight White, Brilliance, archival, pigment ink, finish the look.

I, also, wanted to announce the winner of my purged, stamp sets Giveaway.  They go to my mil, Ellen, who said,
A couple of things I can think of have to do with kitchen organization. Put the glasses in the cupboard closest to the sink. Hotpads go closest to the range. While scrapbooking, tape a little bag on the side of your workspace for quick disposal of the little things that accumulate. (I also found putting a big sheet under my cutting mat makes easy pickup to funnel little pieces I may have missed into the bag at the end of my "playtime".) And of course the biggie--Put everything in its place so you don't have to waste time looking for things.
Thanks for the tips and for playing along with me.  I hope you enjoy your new, stamp sets!

Oh!  And keep an eye out for several more, purged, stamp sets, to come soon, to my Etsy shop Lofty Designs.

1 comment:

Sue Lelli said...

I am really Lovin' this layout!