Pencil Lines' Sketch 177

Friday, March 12, 2010

It's, officially, Spring Break!  Hurray!  Ezekiel had a great day of school yesterday.  Matter of fact, he had all his seatwork and assignments completed by 11:45 am.  He was focused and diligent, but he was back to his old, mumbling, complaining, and taking forever days today.  What are we going to do with this boy?!  It'll be super to have a week to just not think about it.  We've got several fun things planned and even more just being together.  Yeah!

I've got my take on Pencil Lines' Sketch 177, for you, today.  Sharon Laakkonen, from Prima Marketing Inc., provided this week's sketch.
Here's what I came up with.
I started this page with that fun, printed, glitter cardstock.  I, then, stamped the wrapped candy image, in Pretty in Pink ink, on a strip of Pretty in Pink cardstock; glittered them with white, Sugar Coating glitter; trimmed it with a strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock, punched, along its bottom edge, with SU's Sale-A-Bration punch; and adhered it across the top of the layout.  All the pictures were framed with a square of Green Galore cardstock and adhered just below the "MMM... CAKE!" title, which was made from Thickers, chipboard letters.  I, then, embellished with a green, polka dot, binder clip, which I found in the office supplies isle at Wal-Mart and tied lots of color-coordinating, scrap ribbon to.
I first saw the idea for this here on Anna's blog.  Genius!  It's too cute, and super simple!  A couple, green, pearlized, straight pins tuck perfectly into the bows' knots.

BJ's got a game to watch tonight, but he's promised to keep me company, in the loft, doing so.  I've got several challenges and projects that I'm hoping to get started.  Then, we've got a little more painting to get done tomorrow and lots of spring cleaning to tackle next week.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Itty Bitties (SU) Paper: Green Galore, Pretty in Pink, & Tempting Turquoise (SU); Nana's Kitchen Stack (DCWV); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Pretty in Pink (SU) Other: binder clip (Carolinapad); ribbon; pearlized pins; 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); Thickers (American Crafts); white glitter (Doodlebug Design)

No comments: