Pencil Lines' Sketch 178

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I've got Pencil Lines' Sketch 178, for you, today.  Cari Fennell, from Prima Marketing Inc., provided this week's sketch.
Here's what I came up with.

I started this page by layering the patterned papers under Adina's pictures and machine stitching a cream-threaded, straight stitch around their edges, as well as around the edges of the textured, Chocolate Chip, cardstock base.  I, then, added a photo corner in the upper, left corner and a few die-cut, adhesive strips.  I stitched a cream-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitch between the center die-cuts.  The "sweet" title came from a Stampin' Up, Simply Scrappin' kit.  Matter of fact, all the patterned papers, die-cuts, and photo corners came from that same kit.  I, then, added a few, adhesive, chipboard flourishes and a few more that were stamped, in Bashful Blue ink, on white cardstock; glittered with a fine, silver powder; hand cut out; and partially adhered amongst the others.  I made the layered flowers with my Scallop Circle punch, white cardstock, distress inks, buttons, and pearls.

There are tutorials for these layered flowers all over the place, but my favorite is Betsy's, which you can find in her Make Your Own Spring! post, simply because she demonstrates them with so many different mediums.  None of which are cardstock, but hey, that just proves that there are no rules or limits to papercrafting!

The finishing touch was those sweet, little butterflies stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, on Certainly Celery cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; adhered, just at their centers, amidst the embellishments; and dressed up with strings of pearls.  That page became this layout.
The second page contains all the same goodies and techniques as the first.  The green, patterned paper is the reverse side of the blue on the first page; and the My First Swing 1.18.09 tab came from the same, Simply Scrappin' kit as the other die-cuts.
We're back in the full swing of things around our place.  Plus, the sunshine is, finally, here!  I sooo want to get out and enjoy it, but our backyard is a mud hole, and my son is still doing his schoolwork.  Some days, he has the hardest time staying focused.  So, we, really, cannot go anywhere, and I'm feeling a bit like a captive in my own home.  I'm off to work on a grocery list.  Our fridge is sitting on empty, and I'm determined to get out of here somehow :)!  Have a wonderful day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams (PTI) Paper: textured Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, & patterned (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Certainly Celery & Bashful Blue (SU); Chai & Chamomile (PTI) Other: white & silver glitter & chipboard (K&Company); pearls & blue & yellow buttons (Paper Studio); green buttons (American Crafts); die-cuts & Scallop punch (SU)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Such a beautiful LO!! Your lil one is ADORABLE!! :D I love Betsys flower tuts!! Good luck on trying to get out of the house, we went Grocery shopping yesterday we were empty!! LOL Glad you got the google friends connect now YAY!! :D have a great day!