Poppy Seed Challenge #1

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

You thought you were rid of me for the day... Didn't you?!  Well, I've got one more challenge for you all.  It's for Lisa Johnson's Poppy Seed Challenge #1.
Keep her three "seeds" in mind, as you see what I came up with.

I started this card by adhering a piece of Barely Banana cardstock (I tackled her "light yellow" seed right away!), which was punched, across the bottom edge, with SU's Scallop punch, and had its top corners rounded, with SU's Corner punch, to the upper portion of the Taken With Teal, cardstock, card face.  The card face, also, had its upper corners rounded.  I white embossed the "Thanks So Much" sentiment below the punched, Barely Banana cardstock and to the right side of the card face.  I, then, stamped the flowers ("flower stamp" seed), in Barely Banana ink, on white cardstock and hand stitched the stems and leaves.  A few, SU, Circle Ice, rhinestone brads, added to the flowers' centers, as well as the Paper Studio gemstones flanking the sentiment, tackle the "crystals" seed; and the paper pierced top and upper sides, as well as the rounded, upper corners, frame the flower images.  The prepped, white cardstock was last, but certainly not least, adhered, with dimensionals, to the punched, Barely Banana, cardstock frame.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge and look forward to many more from Lisa.  Have a great night!  I'm off to help my hubby with the kiddos' bath time.

3 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Beautiful card with such nice details like the stitching and sparkle! Great job on this new challenge! I had fun with it too :)

Kim Ryden said...

Cute card!!

Karen said...

Very cute! Love the color combination and the sweet stitching for the flowers' stems & leaves! :>